The Birth Of A Legend
Founded in 1870 by Ernest Cognacq and Louise Jaÿ, la Samaritaine evokes the modernized Paris of Baron Haussmann and the Second Empire, an era which saw the emergence of the city’s first department stores.
In The Heart Of Paris
Ideally situated between the Louvre and Notre-Dame, the department store has risen to the rank of architectural monument with its harmonious mix of Art Nouveau and Art Deco.
Opening Scheduled For Spring 2020
Start of construction in September 2015. The project is entirely run and financed by la Samaritaine, a subsidiary of the LVMH group.