Visiting another location? Please click on the flag
Sign in to see your Wishlist
Teacher’s Origin recreates the traditional flavors and processes of the 19th century and celebrates William Teacher’s origin as a fine blender of Scotch. It undergoes double maturation in special 19th-century-styled quarter casks, marries over 30 different malt whiskies and imparts up to 30% more maturation than the more commonly used ex-bourbon barrels, because the smaller size allows more contact with the wood.
• Color: Deep gold with a dusky red tinge.
• Nose: Together with an initial rich malty burst, the sweet pear and apple fragrance seem to mask the dryer peat flavor which underlies the multitude of delicious aromas. With a touch of water the fragrant, flowery Speyside and highland malts come to the fore together with a tang of orange and dried grape sweetness. Circling all these flavors and holding them together is the full roundness of highland peat smoke.
• Body: Massive, mouth filling and incredibly rich.
• Palate: A vast alternating change of tastes varying from immense sweetness to dry slightly tart oakiness with all variations in between, surrounded by the unique licorice root smokiness from the Ardmore peat.
• Finish: Exceptionally long lasting.
If you change your country, any saved items in your wish list will be lost.