C. DFS.com may contain links to third-party sites. DFS does not control these third-party sites or the companies or individuals who maintain them. We are not responsible for the actions of these third parties, or for any of your personal data that you provide to them after you leave DFS.
D. We automatically analyze trends and monitor usage statistics of DFS.com by tracking the DFS.com pages viewed, the previous and following sites visited, the browser used and the computer’s Internet protocol address. You may browse DFS.com without telling us who you are or revealing your personal data. However, some of our services may not be available unless you choose, at your discretion, to provide us with personal data.
F. DFS recognizes a special obligation to protect personal data of young children. Therefore, children under 13 years of age are requested not to use this site.
II. YOUR PERSONAL DATA
A. “Personal Data” means any information from which it is practicable for the identity of an individual to be ascertained. The purposes for which we may use your personal data are divided into obligatory purposes and voluntary purposes. If personal data is to be used for an obligatory purpose, you must provide your personal data to us if you want us to provide the service for which you are applying. If personal data is to be used only for a voluntary purpose, it is entirely up to you to decide whether you want to provide such information to us or not.
B. The personal data that we ask you to provide on a voluntary basis are:
1. Name prefix (e.g., Mr., Ms.) and full name
2. Primary and secondary telephone numbers
3. Email address
4. Country of residence
C. The purposes for which it is only voluntary for you to provide your personal data are to enable us to:
1. Communicate with DFSGroup.com visitors and business partners.
2. Develop systems, services and procedures and information offerings tailored to your needs.
3. Do market research. If any of our communications constitute direct marketing, we will separately seek your consent where required by applicable law.
D. The personal data which is obligatory for you to provide in order to receive registration services are:
1. Any registration number previously issued to you by us.
2. Any password you previously created for your registration.
E. It is obligatory for you to provide your personal data in paragraph D above for us to provide the following services:
1. Maintaining your registration.
2. Informing you of benefits available through your registration.
3. Relationship building.
4. Data cleansing and profile updates.
5. Enable us to process your order on DFS.com.
6. Detect and prevent fraud.
F. We also offer interested visitors to this site to complete and submit applications for employment with DFS. It is obligatory for you to provide us with the personal data called for by the application form if you wish to be considered for employment with DFS. The information provided on the application will be used for purposes relating to potential employment with DFS.
G. We will take all practicable steps to keep your personal data confidential but we may disclose, transfer or assign such data to the following parties:
3. Any person to whom we are under an obligation or permitted to make disclosure under the requirements of any Law.
III. DIRECT MARKETING
We also intend to use your personal data for direct marketing. In particular, your personal data will be used for:
1. Communicating to you regarding new product launches and other promotional activities.
2. Communicating to you regarding our promotional events including where applicable, member exclusive events, store openings and workshops.
3. Communicating in and out of store services/promotions and events
4. DFS membership program, birthday offer, sampling, digital campaigns, roadshow, in store promotion updates.
5. Communicating joint promotion or events with shopping malls, department stores, credit cards, banks, magazines, television, websites, cultural, art or musical societies/organizations, charities or non-profit organizations.
6. Cross brand joint promotions and/or events with brands within the DFS Group of companies which includes our holding company(s), subsidiaries, and any associated company.
If at any other point of time you do not wish us to use your personal data for use in direct marketing as described above, you may exercise your opt-out rights by notifying us at the address set out in Clause VII. below.
In cases where we do collect personal data from you, we will:
1. Tell you (by way of this PICS or by a separate notification) that we are doing so and the use that we will make of such personal data we collect.
2. Where relevant, give you the opportunity to opt out.
3. Tell you how we will store your personal data and how you can review, change and delete the personal data we have stored.
Except as mentioned in paragraph 4 above, your personal data, however stored, will be accessed only by our employees or contractors who are authorised to do so. Where personal data is stored electronically, it will be kept on a separate server and will be password-protected (or under some equivalent form of protection) and accessible only by authorised personnel. Employees and contractors designated to handle personal data will be instructed to do so only in accordance with this PICS.
VI. YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You may at any time request access to and to correct personal data relating to you in any of our records. You may also ask us to delete you or your personal data from any active mailing or distribution list. To exercise any of your rights, contact us at the address, facsimile number or email below, marking your communication "Confidential". In response, we may ask you to provide certain details about yourself so that we can be sure you are the person to whom the data refers. We are required to respond to your requests within 21 days, unless we do not accede to your request or extend this period in circumstances prescribed under applicable data privacy laws. Please note that we may charge you a reasonable fee for doing so.
VII. DATA PRIVACY OFFICER
If you would like to make any inquiries about your personal data or request that we cease use of your personal data for the above purposes, please contact Eric Davis, Data Protection Officer at:
DFS Group Limited
Eric L. Davis, Data Protection Officer
8/F., Chinachem Golden Plaza, 77 Mody Road
Tsimshatsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong
or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Tel: +852 2732 5512
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter, you can click the unsubscribe link at the footer of the newsletter.
VIII. RETENTION OF DATA
We will keep your personal data only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the data was collected. We may also retain archived personal data for statistical purposes. Personal Data which is no longer required will be destroyed.