Frequently Asked Questions
HOW DO WE HELP?
1. What does it mean to shop “duty free”?
Shopping duty free allows international travelers to conveniently purchase goods in a foreign country for personal use without having to pay some or all local duties and taxes in that country.
Purchases may still be subject to duties and taxes at your final destination if they exceed your duty free allowance.
2. What documents will I need to show to shop duty free at the airport?
Anyone can shop at DFS and T Galleria stores. However, only international travelers with outbound plane tickets can purchase items duty free.
Simply present your passport and valid travel documents to our staff at the Information Desk to receive your duty free shopping card.
3. What duty free products are available for purchase downtown?
DFS and T Galleria by DFS stores offer the finest selection of Beauty, Fragrances & Well-being, Fashion, Watches, Jewelry & Accessories and Spirits, Wine, Tobacco, Food & Gifts from the world’s leading luxury brands. To view a complete list of brands, please click on our "Brands & Departments" tab, located at the top of the page. You can also view our full store directoy by clicking on "Stores."
4. How many duty free products can I purchase?
How much you can purchase depends on your next destination. Purchases that exceed your duty free allowance will be subject to duties and taxes upon arrival. Please click here for a list of DFS destinations and their duty free allowances or speak with a member of our staff for the most up-to-date information.
5. Will I be able to transfer with all my duty free purchases?
Travelers with at least one transit stop between their departure airport and their final destination are advised to make duty free purchases at their last transit port.
Transiting passengers are usually required to disembark with all their carry-on and personal items before being re-screened at a transit screening point and allowed to re-board their aircraft and continue on their journey. To ease this process, only carry Liquids, Aerosols and Gels (LAGs) in containers of 100 milliliters or less, packed in an approved Security Tamper-Evident Bag (STEB) along with proofs of purchase. Each traveler is limited to one bag and the maximum capacity of the bag cannot exceed 1 liter. Please speak with a member of our staff for the most up-to-date information.
THE DFS GIFT CARD
1. Where can I purchase a DFS Gift Card?
DFS Gift Cards can be purchased at the Concierge and sales counters in selected DFS Stores. See the full list here.
2. What amounts are available to choose from?
You can purchase the card for any value over the minimum amount (see store for details). There is no maximum value a gift card can hold.
3. Where can I use DFS Gift Cards for making purchases?
The Gift Card is redeemable in full or as partial payment for goods sold in participating stores except for certain brands and brand boutiques.
4. Do I need to use the full amount of my DFS Gift Card in a single transaction?
No, you can use your DFS Gift Card multiple times until the amount is fully depleted.
5. Where can I check the balance and expiration date of the Card?
The balance and expiration date of the Gift Card can be checked at any participating stores. See the full list here.
6. As a LOYAL T by DFS member, will I be able to earn Points and Status Dollars when I purchase a Gift Card?
Yes, LOYAL T members will be able to earn Points and Status Dollars when purchasing DFS Gift Cards.
7. As a LOYAL T by DFS member, will I be able to earn Points and Status Dollars when I spend with a Gift Card?
No, LOYAL T members will not be able to earn Points and Status Dollars when spending with Gift Cards for the value remaining in the Gift Card.
8. Can I use multiple DFS Gift Cards in a single transaction?
Yes, you can use multiple DFS Gift Cards in a single transaction. There is no limit on the number of DFS Gift Cards that can be used in a single transaction.
9. Can I add value to my DFS Gift Card?
No, once activated, adding value to the DFS Gift Card is not allowed.
10. How can I find answers to other questions?
1. How can I contact the DFS Customer Care Team?
Our Customer Care Team is available during normal store operating hours. You can find all of our customer service information by clicking on the "Contact Us" link located at the bottom left-hand corner of every page.
1. How do I login or sign out of my DFS.com account?
If you wish to log in to your account, please select the "Sign In" option at the top of the homepage and enter your username and password when prompted. To sign out of your account, please select the "Sign Out" option at the top of the homepage.
1. What is the LOYAL T by DFS program?
The LOYAL T by DFS program is an exclusive multi-tiered loyalty program that offers special access, benefits and privileges to its members. The program connects members within the different levels to a range of increasing benefits, including access to products, select services and bespoke experiences that are reserved for the highest tier. Learn more
2. What privileges will I receive after joining the LOYAL T by DFS program?
You will be able to enjoy exclusive member benefits and experiences, the latest DFS news, promotions and product launches. The higher your tier, the more benefits and exclusive rewards you will enjoy. Please click here to learn more about the LOYAL T by DFS program. Learn more
3. How do I become a member?
Simply register at select DFS Group stores upon any purchase. *Terms & Conditions apply. Click here for details
4. What are “Points” and how do I earn and redeem them? What are “Status Dollars” and how do I earn them?
Points refer to DFS currency which can be earned and redeemed for rewards. The higher the tier, the more points you will earn for the same amount spent. Status Dollars are an indicator of your spending and membership tier. As a member, you will be able to earn Points and Status Dollars upon every purchase at select DFS Group stores and brands. Simply present your LOYAL T by DFS membership card. Please click here to learn more about earning Points and Status Dollars.
Once you have accumulated a minimum of 1,000 Points, you may redeem them towards a wide selection of products or gift certificates at participating DFS Group stores and brands by presenting your membership card. 1,000 Points hold a redeemable value of US$10 for use.
5. Where can my membership card be used?
You may use your membership card to earn Points and Status Dollars at select DFS Group stores. Do not forget to present your card each time you make a purchase at participating locations and brands. Learn more
6. How do I replace a lost card?
If you lose your LOYAL T by DFS card, please email LOYALT@dfs.com or approach one of our sales associates or Client Services representatives in store. In order to ensure that we protect the personal data of all of our members, we will ask you to present proof of identity.
7. How can I change my personal information?
Please approach any member of our staff or one of our Client Services representatives in store. You may also email us at LOYALT@dfs.com to update your personal information. In order to ensure that we protect the personal data of all of our members, we will ask you to present proof of identity.
8. How can I find answers to other questions?
Simply email LOYALT@dfs.com or click here.
9. Which brands are participateing in the LOYAL T Program?
Click here to see the full list.
1. How do I subscribe to DFS newsletters?
Please add your email address to the newsletter sign-up form located at the bottom of this page. This will lead you to a registration page where you can choose your preferences.
2. Can you take me off your mailing list?
If you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list, please log in to your DFS.com account, select "Communication Preferences" within account details and un-check "Latest updates on special offers, events, products and services." You can also use the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of every newsletter from DFS.
1. What do I do if I’ve forgotten my password?
To reset your password, please follow the "Forgotten Password" instructions on the sign-in page. Please note, for security reasons, we are unable to send you your old password via email.
1. How can I change my personal details?
Simply log in to your DFS.com account and select "My Profile" to edit your personal details.
2. Are my personal details secure?
1. How do I search for a brand?
You can search which brands are available in our stores by using our "Featured Brands" page accessible through the "Brands & Departments" tab.
1. What is DFS's store exchange/return policy?
DFS offers a 100% quality guarantee on all merchandise we sell. We will exchange or return any merchandise with its original receipt. Please contact DFS customer service center.
2. Can I return items I purchased on sale?
Yes, it's possible. Please contact DFS customer service center.
3. How do I return or exchange a gift?
Please contact DFS customer service center for return or exchange related issues.
1. How can I register with DFS.com?
Simply click on the "Register" link located at the top right-hand corner of every page to create a DFS.com account.
1. Can I buy from this website?
You can Pre-Order on the Venice website only. Visit the Venice website now
2. What can I find on DFS.com?
DFS offers luxury products in the Fashion & Accessories, Beauty & Fragrances, Watches & Jewelry, Wines & Spirits, and Food & Gifts categories. To view a complete list of brands, please click on our "Featured Brands" tab, located at the top of the page. You can also view our full store directory by clicking on "Our Stores".
3. What brands does DFS carry?
To view a complete list of brands, please click on our "Brands & Departments" tab, located at the top of the page. You can also view our full store directory by clicking on "Stores".
4. How can I check the store availability of an item I am interested in?
Products featured on our site are available at the store location selected, but stock status of products may fluctuate. If you would like to inquire about additional product availability (e.g. a product not found on our website), please view our "Contact Us" page and send us product information for the item you are interested in as well as the DFS store location you would like to visit. Our Customer Care Team will follow up on your request in a timely manner.
5. Can I collect a product from one of your stores?
You can Pre-Order products on the Venice website and collect from the Venice store only. Visit Venice website
6. Does DFS have seasonal sales?
Yes, we run annual Spring and Holiday Sale events. Be sure to follow us on our social media and sign up to DFS newsletter to receive the latest news on DFS sales and promotions.
7. What payment methods does DFS accept?
We accept the following forms of payment: cash, credit cards, gift certificates, foreign currencies, promotional gift certificates and LOYAL T by DFS gift certificates.
8. What is the DFS After Sales Center?
After Sales Centers have been conveniently set up in key locations to ensure that no matter what your travel agenda is, there will be a location nearby to answer all of your customer care questions post purchase. Please see the list below to find a location near you.
DFS China domestic after sales service
Toll free number: 400 810 6939
Room 809, Beijing, China Central Place 2, 79 Jianguo Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China (Zip 100025)
Tel: +86 10 85802581
Room 507, West Office Tower, Shanghai Center, 1376 Nanjing Road West , Shanghai, China (Zip 200041)
Tel: +86 21 62891199
18/F, The Office Tower, Shangri-La Centre, 9 Binjiang East Road, Chengdu, Sichuan, China (Zip 610021)
Tel: +86 28 66065057
Room 606, Block C, President Building, 69 Heping North Street, Heping District, Shenyang, Liaoning, China (Zip 110003)
Tel: +86 24 22815886
Shin Ohsaki Kangyo Bldg 6 th Fliir 1-6-4 Ohsaki Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo Japan.
DFS After Sales Service Japan
Toll free: 0120-194-407*
(Monday to Friday 9:00AM to 5:00PM only.
Except Public Holidays. )
*The toll free number is available within Japan only.
Suite 1402, Namgang Tower, 15, Mugyo-Ro, Jung-Gu,
Seoul, Korea 100-170
9. Does DFS offer a personal shopping service?
Yes, we offer personal shopping service to all LOYAL T by DFS members, including priority assistance for LOYAL T by DFS PRESTIGE DIAMOND, PRESTIGE DIAMOND Plus and PRESTIGE RUBY members. Learn more
10. What exclusive in-store services does DFS offer?
DFS offers a bevy of exclusive in-store services. Go to your favourite store page for more information.
11. What does "Retail Travel Exclusive" mean?
We secure a large number of products that are exclusive to DFS or to selected travel retailers only. For example, a product might be exclusive to DFS for a selected period of time (which will be detailed), or might not be available for purchase anywhere else.
12. What documents do I need in order to shop at DFS downtown stores?
You don't need any travel documents to shop at our non-airport stores.
13. Does DFS offer a personal shopping service at airport locations?
DFS has no personal shoppers to assist our airport customers.
14. What documents do I need to shop at DFS Airport stores?
To shop at DFS, you must have your flight itinerary with you, including your date of travel, airline and airport arrival information.
15. Can I purchase duty-free items before boarding my plane?
Yes. We even have an in-store tablet app, "DFS I Gate," at certain airports where you can select products to have delivered to your gate for ease and convenience of duty-free shopping.
1. What are the opening hours for DFS stores?
You can find all of our store information by clicking on the "Contact Us" link located at the bottom left-hand corner of every page.
1. How can I contact the store?
You can find all of our store information by clicking on the "Contact Us" link located at the bottom left-hand corner of every page.
2. Where can I find DFS Stores?
Please visit our "Stores" section.
3. Do you provide a shuttle bus or taxi fare reimbursement program?
For select DFS locations this service is provided.
4. How can I send a compliment to your staff?
We love to hear your feedback. Please send your compliments through our "Contact Us" page.
Online Preorder (Venice Only)
1. What products are available for online preorder?
Our ‘Fondaco dei Tedeschi T-Galleria by DFS store’ offers the finest selection of Fashion & Accessories, Beauty & Fragrances, Watches & Jewelry, Wines & Spirits, and Food & Gifts from the world’s leading luxury brands for preordering online. To view a complete list of brands, please click on our "Brands & Departments" tab, located at the top of the page.
2. When can I preorder online?
The reservation period is between 3-30 days prior to your arrival.
3. Do I need to create an account to preorder online?
Travelers are welcome to preorder online as guests. However to access DFS.com's special online features, such as creating your own personal Wish List or viewing our DFS newsletter, you will need to create an account. Registering is easy and can be done in three simple steps. Don't miss out on hearing about all your favorite brands and products at DFS. Click here to sign up: (link to enews signup)
4. How do I check or edit my preordered items?
You must register with DFS.cm to check or edit your preordered items. To remove items from your order, simply let us know which items you want to remove upon collection at the Collection Counter at our ‘Fondaco dei Tedeschi T-Galleria by DFS’ store. To add to your existing order, please create a new order with only the additional items. Both orders will be consolidated upon collection. Any changes to your order must be made between 3-30 days ahead of your arrival.
5. I would like to change my Collection Date, how do I do that?
Collection Date can only be modified ONCE (1) after the order is made. Please contact us for more details: 1-800-NUMBER
6. What should I do if my arrival is delayed?
Your order will be available for Collection upon arrival up to THREE (3) days from your initial Collection date before it is cancelled. If you wish to change the pickup date, you can contact us at 1-800-NUMBER or update the order online within the My Account section.
7. What if I am traveling with a tour group and I am unsure of when I will arrive at the ‘Fondaco dei Tedeschi T-Galleria by DFS’ store?
When you are creating your order, please indicate when your tour begins. Your order will be ready for anytime thereof and up to 3 days after your start date. You can also contact us at 1-800-NUMBER in case there is any delay.
8. Do I have to pay when I preorder online?
Online preorder is a complimentary service and payment is only required upon collection.
9. What should I do if I do not receive a confirmation email?
You will receive your confirmation email on the same day that you complete your order. Be sure to check all mailboxes including junk mail. For any inquiries, please contact us at: (+39 041 3142 000).
10. Who should I contact if my order is rejected?
Please contact us at: 1-800-NUMBER
11. What currency will I be charged in?
All products listed on our Venice website are in Euros.
12. What payment methods are accepted at the ‘Fondaco dei Tedeschi T-Galleria by DFS’ store?
We accept card payment by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and China Union Pay. In addition we accept Euros and select foreign currencies.
13. What happens if the price of the same product is lower at the ‘Fondaco dei Tedeschi T-Galleria by DFS’ store compared to the online reservation price?
We guarantee that the charge upon Collection on the Reserved item will always be the lower of the two prices.
14. What are the operating hours of the Collection Counter and where is it at the ‘Fondaco dei Tedeschi T-Galleria by DFS’ store?
The Collection Counter is located on the 2nd floor. We are opened 11am-10pm every day.
15. What identification do I have to present when I am collecting the ordered items at the collection counter?
Please have on hand a piece of personal identification, with the same personal details as in the order, and your Order Confirmation number.
16. What happens if I forget to pick-up my order?
Your order will be kept for you for 3 days. You can change the Collection date online or by contacting us at: NUMBER
17. How do I cancel my order?
You can cancel your Reservation by logging back into your account to modify your existing orders. If you ordered as a Guest, please contact us at: 1-800-NUMBER
18. Is there a minimum spending amount needed for detax?
The minimum spending amount to be eligible for detax is EU$155.
19. Do you need any additional information in store for processing my detax?
If you have already completed the Detax Pre-registration at the checkout of your Reservation, we will not require any additional information. For additional shopping upon arriving at our store, we will print out a detax form and consolidate your entire purchases upon paying.
20. How does tax refund work?
If you reside outside the European Union and spend a minimum of 155€ at T Fondaco dei Tedeschi, you are entitled to a VAT refund of 12%. If you qualify for a tax refund, please present your passport when paying for your goods (inclusive of tax). Your detax slip will be issued immediately. If payment has been settled by credit card, you can benefit from fast refund service for detax within two working days. There are many other refund options available, see ‘other refund options and locations’. Upon exiting the EU please ensure you have your detax slip Customs approved.
21. What do I do once I'm in store?
We offer our customers seamless detax at the till. Once you're ready to pay, simply make your way to a till in-store. Please provide the original of your passport. Our tills automatically detect if you are eligible for a refund. Your tax refund slip is automatically filled in with your details and printed. Need more help? Visit our customer service area and tax refund help desk on the mezzanine floor and we’d be happy to help.
22. Do you have a self-service kiosk?
Yes, self-service kiosks are available in the customer service area on the mezzanine floor to allow shoppers to generate their own detax slips from store issued receipts. Simply scan your store receipts and passport and key in the data requested by the kiosk. The kiosk will print your detax slip, ready to be validated by customs View the kiosks' locations.