Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS DUTY FREE?
1. What does it mean to shop “duty free”?
Shopping duty free allows international travelers to conveniently purchase goods in a foreign country for personal use without having to pay some or all local duties and taxes in that country.
Purchases may still be subject to duties and taxes at your final destination if they exceed your duty free allowance.
2. What documents will I need to show to shop duty free at the airport?
Everyone is welcome to shop at DFS and T Galleria. However, only international travelers with outbound plane tickets can purchase items at duty free prices.*
Simply present your passport and valid travel documents to our staff at the Information Desk before shopping to receive your duty free shopping card.
*Japanese domestic travelers can also shop at T Galleria by DFS,Okinawa. Please inform us of your flight or ship details and departure date to receive your shopping card.
3. Can I purchase duty-free items before boarding my plane?
Yes. We even have an in-store tablet app, "DFS I Gate," at certain airports where you can select products to have delivered to your gate for ease and convenience of duty-free shopping.
4. What duty free products are available for purchase downtown?
DFS and T Galleria by DFS stores offer the finest selection of Beauty, Fragrances & Well-being, Fashion, Watches, Jewelry & Accessories and Spirits, Wine, Tobacco, Food & Gifts from the world’s leading luxury brands. To view a complete list of brands, please click on our "Brands & Departments" tab, located at the top of the page. You can also view our full store directoy by clicking on "Stores."
5. How many duty free products can I purchase?
How much you can purchase depends on your next destination. Purchases that exceed your duty free allowance will be subject to duties and taxes upon arrival. Please click here for a list of DFS destinations and their duty free allowances or speak with a member of our staff for the most up-to-date information.
6. Will I be able to transfer with all my duty free purchases?
Travelers with at least one transit stop between their departure airport and their final destination are advised to make duty free purchases at their last transit port.
Transiting passengers are usually required to disembark with all their carry-on and personal items before being re-screened at a transit screening point and allowed to re-board their aircraft and continue on their journey. To ease this process, only carry Liquids, Aerosols and Gels (LAGs) in containers of 100 milliliters or less, packed in an approved Security Tamper-Evident Bag (STEB) along with proofs of purchase. Each traveler is limited to one bag and the maximum capacity of the bag cannot exceed 1 liter. Please speak with a member of our staff for the most up-to-date information.
TAX REFUND SERVICE
If you reside outside the European Union and spend a minimum of 154,95 Euro at T Fondaco dei Tedeschi, you are entitled to a VAT refund of 12%. Discover more details and how easy the process is by clicking on the menu tabs provided.
1. How does tax refund work?
If you qualify for a tax refund, please present your passport when paying for your goods (inclusive of tax).
Your detax slip will be issued immediately.
If payment has been settled by credit card, you can benefit from fast refund service for detax within two working days.
There are many other refund options available, see ‘other refund options and locations’.
Upon exiting the EU please ensure you have your detax slip Customs approved.
2. Am I eligible for a tax refund?
In order to be eligible for a refund:
- You must reside outside the European Union and be over 16 years of age
- You must present a valid passport and original till receipts
- You must fully complete the tax refund form on the day of purchase without fail
- You must spend over €154.94 in the same store on the same day
- You must be staying in Europe for less than 6 months
- You must exit the EU within 3 months of the purchase date
3. What is Premier Pass?
Premier Pass is the new way to experience tax free shopping.
- Download Premier Tax Free’s app. Download Now
- Sign up and complete your details to generate your unique Premier Pass shopping ID and track the
status of your refunds.
- Present your Premier Pass ID at the till
- Your tax free vouchers are then automatically populated with your pre-registered details, speeding up
your shopping process
- Tax free forms can be scanned and saved within the app allowing you to track your refund (see ‘how can I track my refund?’).
4. Tax refund in store
T Fondaco dei Tedeschi offers our customers seamless detax at the till.
- Once you have completed your purchases make your way to a till in-store
- Please provide the original of your passport
- Our tills automatically detect if you are eligible for a refund
- Your tax refund slip is automatically filled in with your details and printed
- Our customer service area & tax refund help desk located on the mezzanine floor will answer your questions
Premier kiosks are available in the customer service area on the mezzanine floor to allow shoppers to generate their own detax slips from store issued receipts
- Simply scan your store receipts and passport and key in the data requested by the kiosk
- The kiosk will print your detax slip, ready to be validated by customs
5. Other refund options and locations
Cash back in Venice
Present Tax Free form, your passport and valid Visa, MasterCard, Amex or Diners card (no debit or electronic card) at a city refund point in Italy and receive your refund in cash
Don’t forget to have your Tax Free form Customs approved and return it to Premier Tax Free within 21 days (use the prepaid envelope if available)
Location of city refund desks
Campo S. Bortolomio 5313
Venice, VE 30124
St. Lucia Train Station
(in front of platform 4)
Venice, VE, 30100
Piazza San Marco 72/b
Venice, VE, 30124
Piazza San Marco 142
Venice, VE, 30124
Riva del Ferro 5126
Venice, VE, 30124
Cash back at airport
International airport tax refund desk location :
Venice Tessera Airport (Departures Area , 1st Floor, Extra Schengen Area)
Venice, VE, 30173
Alipay, traveler’s cheques, credit card
6. Customs procedures
When leaving the EU, your detax slip must be approved by Customs at the airport, train station or border point within:
- 3 months from the purchase date
- 21 days from the date of refund (if you received an immediate cash refund)
Before checking in your luggage*, you should present your tax free form with your purchases, passport and travel documents for inspection by Customs.
*Rome Fiumicino airport luggage must be check-in before customs so please ask check-in staff to label your luggage and return to you.
Venice, Milan & Fiumicino airport location desks :
Milan Malpensa Airport
Premier Tax Free Desk
Before check-in, Area 12 (2nd floor), next to tax-free offices
Milan Malpensa Airport
Premier Tax Free Desk
After security, next to gate B (immediately after passport and security control)
Milan Linate Airport
Landside, check-in area (before the security control)
Venice Marco Polo Tessera Airport
Before passport control, 1st floor
Rome Fiumicino Airport
Premier Tax Free Desk
Rome Fiumicino Airport
Premier Tax Free Desk
After passport control
Rome Fiumicino Airport
Premier Tax Free Desk
7. How can I track my refund?
To track the status of your tax refund, simply enter your barcode voucher into the section on:
8. Premier VIP Services
T Fondaco dei Tedeschi visitors will have access to Premier Tax Free’s VIP services in collaboration with Ferrari:
- Direct delivery of purchased goods to the airport after security control & Customs
- Access to the Montenapoleone lounge in Milan it’s full range of services
- VIP services at Travelex Venice with fast track option
- Free fast track service at selected airports
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR DFS.COM
FUNCTIONS & FEATURES
1. Can I buy from this website?
You can Pre-Order on the Venice website only. Visit the Venice website now
2. What can I find on DFS.com?
DFS offers luxury products in the Fashion & Accessories, Beauty & Fragrances, Watches & Jewelry, Wines & Spirits, and Food & Gifts categories. To view a complete list of brands, please click on our "Featured Brands" tab, located at the top of the page. You can also view our full store directory by clicking on "Our Stores".
3. What brands does DFS carry?
To view a complete list of brands, please click on our "Brands & Departments" tab, located at the top of the page. You can also view our full store directory by clicking on "Stores".
4. How can I check the store availability of an item I am interested in?
Products featured on our site are available at the store location selected, but stock status of products may fluctuate. If you would like to inquire about additional product availability (e.g. a product not found on our website), please view our "Contact Us" page and send us product information for the item you are interested in as well as the DFS store location you would like to visit. Our Customer Care Team will follow up on your request in a timely manner.
5. Can I collect a product from one of your stores?
You can Pre-Order products on the Venice website and collect from the Venice store only. Visit Venice website
6. Does DFS have seasonal sales?
Yes, we run annual Spring and Holiday Sale events. Be sure to follow us on our social media and sign up to DFS newsletter to receive the latest news on DFS sales and promotions.
7. What does "Retail Travel Exclusive" mean?
We secure a large number of products that are exclusive to DFS or to selected travel retailers only. For example, a product might be exclusive to DFS for a selected period of time (which will be detailed), or might not be available for purchase anywhere else.
1. How can I contact the DFS Customer Care Team?
Our Customer Care Team is available during normal store operating hours. You can find all of our customer service information by clicking on the "Contact Us" link located at the bottom left-hand corner of every page.
1. How do I login or sign out of my DFS.com account?
If you wish to log in to your account, please select the "Sign In" option at the top of the homepage and enter your username and password when prompted. To sign out of your account, please select the "Sign Out" option at the top of the homepage.
1. How can I register with DFS.com?
Simply click on the "Register" link located at the top right-hand corner of every page to create a DFS.com account.
1. How can I change my personal details?
Simply log in to your DFS.com account and select "My Profile" to edit your personal details.
2. Are my personal details secure?
1. What do I do if I’ve forgotten my password?
To reset your password, please follow the "Forgotten Password" instructions on the sign-in page. Please note, for security reasons, we are unable to send you your old password via email.
1. How do I search for a brand?
You can search which brands are available in our stores by using our "Featured Brands" page accessible through the "Brands & Departments" tab.
1. How do I subscribe to DFS newsletters?
Please add your email address to the newsletter sign-up form located at the bottom of this page. This will lead you to a registration page where you can choose your preferences.
2. Can you take me off your mailing list?
If you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list, please log in to your DFS.com account, select "Communication Preferences" within account details and un-check "Latest updates on special offers, events, products and services." You can also use the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of every newsletter from DFS.
STORE INFORMATION FOR DFS AIRPORT & T GALLERIA
1. How can I contact the store?
You can find all of our store information by clicking on the "Contact Us" link located at the bottom left-hand corner of every page.
2. Where can I find DFS Stores?
Please visit our "Stores" section.
3. What payment methods does DFS accept?
We accept the following forms of payment: cash, credit cards, gift certificates, foreign currencies, promotional gift certificates and LOYAL T by DFS gift certificates.
4. Do you provide a shuttle bus or taxi fare reimbursement program?
For select DFS locations this service is provided.
5. What documents do I need in order to shop at DFS downtown stores?
You don't need any travel documents to shop at our non-airport stores.
6. Does DFS offer a personal shopping service at airport locations?
DFS has no personal shoppers to assist our airport customers.
7. What documents do I need to shop at DFS Airport stores?
To shop at DFS, you must have your flight itinerary with you, including your date of travel, airline and airport arrival information.
8. Does DFS offer a personal shopping service?
Yes, we offer personal shopping services to all LOYAL T by DFS members, including priority assistance for LOYAL T by DFS Prestige Diamond and Prestige Ruby members. Learn more.
9. What exclusive in-store services does DFS offer?
DFS offers a bevy of exclusive in-store services. Go to your favourite store page for more information.
10. How can I send a compliment to your staff?
We love to hear your feedback. Please send your compliments through our "Contact Us" page.
RETURN & EXCHANGE POLICY
1. What is DFS's store exchange/return policy?
DFS offers a 100% quality guarantee on all merchandise we sell. We will exchange or return any merchandise with its original receipt. Please contact DFS customer service center.
2. Can I return items I purchased on sale?
Yes, it's possible. Please contact DFS customer service center.
3. How do I return or exchange a gift?
Please contact DFS customer service center for return or exchange related issues.
4. What is the DFS After Sales Center?
After Sales Centers have been conveniently set up in key locations to ensure that no matter what your travel agenda is, there will be a location nearby to answer all of your customer care questions post purchase. Please see the list below to find a location near you.
DFS China domestic after sales service
Toll free number: 400 810 6939
Room 809, Beijing, China Central Place 2, 79 Jianguo Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China (Zip 100025)
Room 548, East Office Tower, Shanghai Center, 1376 Nanjing Road West, Shanghai, China (Zip 200040)
Shin Ohsaki Kangyo Bldg 6 th Fliir 1-6-4 Ohsaki Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo Japan.
DFS After Sales Service Japan
Toll free: 0120-194-407*
Monday to Friday 9:00AM to 5:00PM only. Except Public Holidays.
T Galleriaby DFS, Okinawa
4-1, Omoromachi, Naha City, Okinawa
Toll free: 0120-782-460*
Monday to Saturday: 9:00AM - 5:00PM only. Except Public Holidays.
*The toll free number is available within Japan only
**Opening hours may vary according to seasons and stores.
Suite 1402, Namgang Tower, 15, Mugyo-Ro, Jung-Gu,
Seoul, Korea 100-170
LOYAL T: MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM
1. What is the LOYAL T by DFS program?
The LOYAL T by DFS program is an exclusive multi-tiered loyalty program that offers special access, benefits and privileges to its members. The program connects members within the different levels to a range of increasing benefits, including access to products, select services and bespoke experiences that are reserved for the highest tier. Learn more
2. What privileges will I receive after joining the LOYAL T by DFS program?
You will be able to enjoy exclusive member benefits and experiences, the latest DFS news, promotions and product launches. The higher your tier, the more benefits and exclusive rewards you will enjoy. Please click here to learn more about the LOYAL T by DFS program. Learn more
3. How do I become a member?
Simply register at select DFS Group stores upon any purchase. *Terms & Conditions apply. Click here for details
4. What are “Points” and how do I earn and redeem them? What are “Status Dollars” and how do I earn them?
Points refer to DFS currency which can be earned and redeemed for rewards. The higher the tier, the more points you will earn for the same amount spent. Status Dollars are an indicator of your spending and membership tier. As a member, you will be able to earn Points and Status Dollars upon every purchase at select DFS Group stores and brands. Simply present your LOYAL T by DFS membership card. Please click here to learn more about earning Points and Status Dollars.
Once you have accumulated a minimum of 1,000 Points, you may redeem them towards a wide selection of products or gift certificates at participating DFS Group stores and brands by presenting your membership card. 1,000 Points hold a redeemable value of US$10 for use.
5. Where can my membership card be used?
You may use your membership card to earn Points and Status Dollars at select DFS Group stores. Do not forget to present your card each time you make a purchase at participating locations and brands. Learn more
6. How do I replace a lost card?
If you lose your LOYAL T by DFS card, please email LOYALT@dfs.com or approach one of our sales associates or Client Services representatives in store. In order to ensure that we protect the personal data of all of our members, we will ask you to present proof of identity.
7. How can I change my personal information?
Please approach any member of our staff or one of our Client Services representatives in store. You may also email us at LOYALT@dfs.com to update your personal information. In order to ensure that we protect the personal data of all of our members, we will ask you to present proof of identity.
8. How can I find answers to other questions?
Simply email LOYALT@dfs.com or click here.
9. Which brands are participateing in the LOYAL T Program?
Click here to see the full list.
LOYAL T: MOBILE CARD
1. How can I download a virtual LOYAL T Card?
To download a virtual LOYAL T Card, members need to activate their online account on DFS.com first. Members will then receive an email with instructions on how to download their virtual LOYAL T Card.
2. How can I re-download another virtual LOYAL T Card?
If members lose their current virtual LOYAL T Card, they can go to the following URL to re-download their LOYAL T Card: http://loyaltcard.dfs.com/en/recover_pass.html
Members can enter their registered email address to receive an email with a link to download the virtual LOYAL T Card again. Each member can only download the virtual LOYAL T Card twice, on two different devices.
3. What are the benefits of downloading the virtual LOYAL T Card?
You can present your virtual LOYAL T Card at our stores participating in the LOYAL T program to earn and redeem points when you make a purchase.
4. When and how I can use it?
Simply present the virtual LOYAL T Card to the store Sales Associates upon making a purchase.
5. Do I need to prove my identity to earn or redeem points?
Yes, you need to verify your identity to redeem points. You need to present a form of identification that matches the name registered on your LOYAL T card.
6. Where can I check the balance and expiration date of my LOYAL T Card?
You can check your points balance, membership tier and the expiry date of your LOYAL T Card by logging into your online account at DFS.com.
7. Can I see whether my virtual LOYAL T Card has been upgraded?
Your membership will be upgraded to the next tier based on your accumulated eligible spending. Once your membership has been upgraded, your virtual LOYAL T Card will be updated the next day.
8. Where can I use my virtual LOYAL T Card?
You may use your virtual LOYAL T card in participating DFS stores worldwide. Please click here to view the latest list of participating stores.
9. Do I need a mobile application to use my virtual LOYAL T Card?
iPhone users, can save their Virtual LOYAL T card to their Apple Wallet.
Android users can save their Virtual LOYAL T Card to their Android Pay.
10. Can I use a printed copy or take a photo of my virtual LOYAL T Card?
No, printed copies or photos of the LOYAL T Card are not accepted. The virtual LOYAL T Card is only accessible from your smart phone.
11. If I only want the virtual LOYAL T Card, can I stop push notifications?
Absolutely. To turn off push notifications, flip to the back of your card and un-toggle 'Automatic Update.'
Please note that if you turn off automatic updates, you may miss out on other offers and updates that DFS will be sending you.
12. What if I don’t have an iPhone or Android phone, can I still enjoy the virtual LOYAL T Card?
You can only enjoy the virtual LOYAL T Card on a smartphone device.
13. Where I can direct my virtual LOYAL T Card related questions?
Please send your questions to LOYALT@DFS.com and indicate 'virtual LOYAL T Card' in the email subject line.
14. If my membership is upgraded, renewed or downgraded, do I need to download the virtual LOYAL T Card again?
Your virtual LOYAL T Card will be automatically updated the next day and you do not need to re-download the virtual LOYAL T card.
15. Can I share my virtual LOYAL T Card with my friends?
Membership is non-transferrable. Your LOYAL T Card and any points earned are not transferable by you to anyone. Points can be redeemed only by the member presenting the Card in person.
16. What is the difference between the virtual LOYAL T Card and the physical Card I have now?
Once you have installed a virtual LOYAL T Card, DFS will be able to send you personalized promotional messages to your mobile device, with the convenience of members leaving their physical card behind.
17. Why should I download the virtual LOYAL T Card?
With the virtual LOYAL T Card, you can earn and redeem LOYAL T points on your next visit to DFS, even if you've left your card at home! The virtual LOYAL T Card will also allow DFS to send you personalized promotional messages right to your mobile device, so you'll never miss out on any exclusive LOYAL T offers.
18. After I download the virtual LOYAL T Card, can I go back to using the physical Card?
Of course, you can still use your physical LOYAL T Card after downloading a virtual LOYAL T Card. If you've left your card at home, the virtual LOYAL T Card is a convenient alternative to access your LOYAL T rewards and exclusive offers.
1. Where can I purchase a DFS Gift Card?
DFS Gift Cards can be purchased at the Concierge and sales counters in selected DFS Stores. See the full list here.
2. What amounts are available to choose from?
You can purchase the card for any value over the minimum amount (see store for details). There is no maximum value a gift card can hold.
3. Where can I use DFS Gift Cards for making purchases?
The Gift Card is redeemable in full or as partial payment for goods sold in participating stores except for certain brands and brand boutiques.
4. Do I need to use the full amount of my DFS Gift Card in a single transaction?
No, you can use your DFS Gift Card multiple times until the amount is fully depleted.
5. Where can I check the balance and expiration date of the Card?
The balance and expiration date of the Gift Card can be checked at any participating stores. See the full list here.
6. As a LOYAL T by DFS member, will I be able to earn Points and Status Dollars when I purchase a Gift Card?
Yes, LOYAL T members will be able to earn Points and Status Dollars when purchasing DFS Gift Cards.
7. As a LOYAL T by DFS member, will I be able to earn Points and Status Dollars when I spend with a Gift Card?
No, LOYAL T members will not be able to earn Points and Status Dollars when spending with Gift Cards for the value remaining in the Gift Card.
8. Can I use multiple DFS Gift Cards in a single transaction?
Yes, you can use multiple DFS Gift Cards in a single transaction. There is no limit on the number of DFS Gift Cards that can be used in a single transaction.
9. Can I add value to my DFS Gift Card?
No, once activated, adding value to the DFS Gift Card is not allowed.
10. How can I find answers to other questions?
OKINAWA: TYPHOON & EXTREME WEATHER CONDITIONS
Where do I pick up my duty free purchases if my flight is canceled due to a typhoon?
In the event that your flight is canceled due to a typhoon, you can still pick up your duty free purchases at your assigned DFS pick-up counter at Naha Airport before boarding your new flight.
There is no need to contact us regarding flight changes unless one of the following conditions apply. Please contact our Customer Service Center at least two hours prior to your new departure time:
● LCC passengers (Peach / Vanilla Air)
● If your new flight will be departing from a different terminal. For example, from the Domestic Terminal (ANA, JAL) to the International Terminal or the LCC Terminal (Peach, Vanilla Air) or vice versa.
● If your new departure time is earlier than your original departure time.
Customer Service Center
Fri & Sat: 9:00-22:00
Store opening hours may vary by season and location.