1. What does it mean to shop “duty free”?
Shopping duty free allows international travelers to conveniently purchase goods in a foreign country for personal use without having to pay some or all local duties and taxes in that country.
Purchases may still be subject to duties and taxes at your final destination if they exceed your duty free allowance.
2. What documents will I need to show to shop duty free at the airport?
Everyone is welcome to shop at DFS and T Galleria. However, only international travelers with outbound plane tickets can purchase items at duty free prices.*
Simply present your passport and valid travel documents to our staff at the Information Desk before shopping to receive your duty free shopping card.
*Japanese domestic travelers can also shop at T Galleria by DFS,Okinawa. Please inform us of your flight or ship details and departure date to receive your shopping card.
3. Can I purchase duty-free items before boarding my plane?
Yes. We even have an in-store tablet app, ""DFS I Gate,"" at certain airports where you can select products to have delivered to your gate for ease and convenience of duty-free shopping.
4. What duty free products are available for purchase downtown?
DFS and T Galleria by DFS stores offer the finest selection of Fashion & Accessories, Beauty & Fragrances, Watches & Jewelry, Wines & Spirits, Food & Gifts, Tobacco, Health & Wellness from the world’s leading luxury brands. To view a complete list of brands, please click on our ""Brands & Departments"" tab, located at the top of the page. You can also view our full store directory by clicking on ""Stores.""
5. How many duty free products can I purchase?
How much you can purchase depends on your next destination. Purchases that exceed your duty free allowance will be subject to duties and taxes upon arrival. Please click here <https://www.dfs.com/fr/airport-allowances> for a list of DFS destinations and their duty free allowances or speak with a member of our staff for the most up-to-date information.
6. Will I be able to transfer with all my duty free purchases?
Travelers with at least one transit stop between their departure airport and their final destination are advised to make duty free purchases at their last transit port.
Transiting passengers are usually required to disembark with all their carry-on and personal items before being re-screened at a transit screening point and allowed to re-board their aircraft and continue their journey. To ease this process, only carry Liquids, Aerosols and Gels (LAGs) in containers of 100 milliliters or less, packed in an approved Security Tamper-Evident Bag (STEB) along with proofs of purchase. Each traveler is limited to one bag and the maximum capacity of the bag cannot exceed 1 liter. Please speak with a member of our staff for the most up-to-date information
If you reside outside the European Union and spend a minimum of 154,95 Euro at T Fondaco dei Tedeschi, you are entitled to a VAT refund of 12%. Discover more details and how easy the process is by clicking on the menu tabs provided.
1. How does tax refund work?
If you qualify for a tax refund, please present your passport when paying for your goods (inclusive of tax).
Your detax slip will be issued immediately.
If payment has been settled by credit card, you can benefit from fast refund service for detax within two working days.
There are many other refund options available, see ‘other refund options and locations’.
Upon exiting the EU please ensure you have your detax slip Customs approved.
2. Am I eligible for a tax refund?
In order to be eligible for a refund:
- You must reside outside the European Union and be over 16 years of age
- You must present a valid passport and original till receipts
- You must fully complete the tax refund form on the day of purchase without fail
- You must spend over €154.94 in the same store on the same day
- You must be staying in Europe for less than 6 months
- You must exit the EU within 3 months of the purchase date
3. What is Premier Pass?
Premier Pass is the new way to experience tax free shopping.
- Download Premier Tax Free’s app. Download Now <https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/ishoptaxfree/id445894249?l=fr>
- Sign up and complete your details to generate your unique Premier Pass shopping ID and track the
status of your refunds.
- Present your Premier Pass ID at the till
- Your tax free vouchers are then automatically populated with your pre-registered details, speeding up
your shopping process
- Tax free forms can be scanned and saved within the app allowing you to track your refund (see ‘how can I track my refund?’).
Download PTF’s app
4. Tax refund in store
T Fondaco dei Tedeschi offers our customers seamless detax at the till.
- Once you have completed your purchases make your way to a till in-store
- Please provide the original of your passport
- Our tills automatically detect if you are eligible for a refund
- Your tax refund slip is automatically filled in with your details and printed
- Our customer service area & tax refund help desk located on the mezzanine floor will answer your questions
Premier kiosks are available in the customer service area on the mezzanine floor to allow shoppers to generate their own detax slips from store issued receipts
- Simply scan your store receipts and passport and key in the data requested by the kiosk
- The kiosk will print your detax slip, ready to be validated by customs
Location of the kiosks
5. Other refund options and locations
Cash back in Venice
Present Tax Free form, your passport and valid Visa, MasterCard, Amex or Diners card (no debit or electronic card) at a city refund point in Italy and receive your refund in cash
Don’t forget to have your Tax Free form Customs approved and return it to Premier Tax Free within 21 days (use the prepaid envelope if available)
Location of city refund desks
Campo S. Bortolomio 5313
Venice, VE 30124
St. Lucia Train Station
(in front of platform 4)
Venice, VE, 30100
Piazza San Marco 72/b
Venice, VE, 30124
Piazza San Marco 142
Venice, VE, 30124
Riva del Ferro 5126
Venice, VE, 30124
Cash back at airport
International airport tax refund desk location :
Venice Tessera Airport (Departures Area , 1st Floor, Extra Schengen Area)
Venice, VE, 30173
Alipay, traveler’s cheques, credit card
6. Customs procedures
When leaving the EU, your detax slip must be approved by Customs at the airport, train station or border point within:
- 3 months from the purchase date
- 21 days from the date of refund (if you received an immediate cash refund)
Before checking in your luggage*, you should present your tax free form with your purchases, passport and travel documents for inspection by Customs.
*Rome Fiumicino airport luggage must be check-in before customs so please ask check-in staff to label your luggage and return to you.
Venice, Milan & Fiumicino airport location desks :
Milan Malpensa Airport
Premier Tax Free Desk
Before check-in, Area 12 (2nd floor), next to tax-free offices
Milan Malpensa Airport
Premier Tax Free Desk
After security, next to gate B (immediately after passport and security control)
Milan Linate Airport
Landside, check-in area (before the security control)
Venice Marco Polo Tessera Airport
Before passport control, 1st floor
Rome Fiumicino Airport
Premier Tax Free Desk
Rome Fiumicino Airport
Premier Tax Free Desk
After passport control
Rome Fiumicino Airport
Premier Tax Free Desk
7. How can I track my refund?
To track the status of your tax refund, simply enter your barcode voucher into the section on:
8. Premier VIP Services
T Fondaco dei Tedeschi visitors will have access to Premier Tax Free’s VIP services in collaboration with Ferrari:
- Direct delivery of purchased goods to the airport after security control & Customs
- Access to the Montenapoleone lounge in Milan it’s full range of services
- VIP services at Travelex Venice with fast track option
- Free fast track service at selected airports
Montenapoleone card website
FUNCTIONS & FEATURES
1. Can I buy from this website?
You can pre-order products from the following DFS locations and collect your order at your convenience. Terms and Conditions apply for each of the respective locations:
• Click-and-Collect: Auckland, Guam, Hong Kong, Macau, Okinawa, Saipan & Sydney
• Delivery Service: Hong Kong & Macau
2. What can I find on DFS.com?
DFS offers luxury products in the Fashion & Accessories, Beauty & Fragrances, Watches & Jewelry, Wines & Spirits, and Food & Gifts categories. To view a complete list of brands, please click on our "Brands" tab, located at the top of the page. You can also view our full store directory by clicking on "Our Stores".
3. What brands does DFS carry?
To view a complete list of brands, please click on our "Brands" tab, located at the top of the page. You can also view our full store directory by clicking on "Stores".
4. How can I check the store availability of an item I am interested in?
Products featured on our site are available at the store location selected, but not all the products are listed online and their inventory status may fluctuate. If you would like to inquire about additional product availability (e.g. a product not found on our website), please contact our live chat agents located by clicking the bubble at the bottom right hand corner of the page, or send us a request via the "Contact Us" page. Our Customer Experience Team will follow up on your request in a timely manner.
5. Does DFS have seasonal sales?
Yes, we run seasonal sale events. Be sure to follow us on our social media and sign up for the DFS newsletter to receive the latest news on DFS sales and promotions.
6. What does ""Travel Retail Exclusive"" mean?
We secure a large number of products that are exclusive to DFS or to select travel retailers only. For example, a product might be exclusive to DFS for a select period of time (which will be detailed), or might not be available for purchase anywhere else.
1. How can I contact the DFS Customer Care Team?
If you have any questions or enquiries in mind, please do not hesitate to contact our live chat agents located by clicking the bubble at the bottom right hand corner of the page during our operating hours. You may also find more information about our customer services by visiting the "Contact Us" page located at the bottom left-hand corner of our website.
1. How do I login or sign out of my DFS.com account?
If you wish to log in to your account, please select the ""Sign In"" option at the top of the homepage and enter your username and password when prompted. To sign out of your account, please select the ""Sign Out"" option at the top of the homepage.
1. How can I register with DFS.com?
Simply click on the Register link located at the top right-hand corner of every page to create a DFS.com account.
1. How can I change my personal details?
Simply log in to your DFS.com account and select ""My Profile"" to edit your personal details.
2. Are my personal details secure?
1. What do I do if I’ve forgotten my password?
To reset your password, please follow the ""Forgotten Password"" instructions on the sign-in page. Please note, for security reasons, we are unable to send you your old password via email.
1. How do I search for a brand?
You can search the brand name with our search function on the top of the page. You may also visit the full list by clicking on our "Brands" tab located at the top of the page.
1. How do I subscribe to DFS newsletters?
Please add your email address to the newsletter sign-up form located at the bottom of this page. This will lead you to a registration page where you can choose your preferences.
2. Can you take me off your mailing list?
If you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list, please log in to your DFS.com account, select ""Communication Preferences"" within account details and remove the selection of ""Latest updates on special offers, events, products and services."" You can also use the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of every newsletter from DFS.
1. How can I contact the store?
You can find our store information by clicking on the ""Contact Us"" link located at the bottom left-hand corner of each page.
2. Where can I find DFS Stores?
Please visit our ""Stores"" section.
3. What payment methods does DFS accept?
We accept the following forms of payment: cash, credit cards, Alipay, WeChat pay, gift certificates, foreign currencies, promotional gift certificates and LOYAL T by DFS gift certificates.
The following stores currently accept Alipay:
• T Galleria: Auckland, Hawaii, Hong Kong, Macau & Singapore
• T Galleria Beauty: Hong Kong & Macau
• DFS: Hawaii (Honolulu), Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco & Singapore
The following stores currently accept WeChat:
• T Galleria: Auckland, Hawaii & Hong Kong
• T Galleria Beauty: Hong Kong
• DFS: Hawaii (Honolulu), Los Angeles, New York & San Francisco
4. Do you provide a shuttle bus or taxi fare reimbursement program?
For select DFS locations, this service is provided.
5. What documents do I need to shop at DFS downtown stores?
You don't need any travel documents to shop at our non-airport stores.
6. What documents do I need to shop at DFS Airport stores?
To shop at DFS, you must have your flight itinerary with you, including your date of travel, airline and airport arrival information.
7. Does DFS offer a personal shopping service?
Yes, we offer Personal Shopping Services to all LOYAL T by DFS members, including priority assistance for LOYAL T by DFS Prestige Diamond and Prestige Ruby members, at downtown T Galleria stores. DFS does not have Personal Shopping Services at our airport stores. Learn more.
8. What exclusive in-store services does DFS offer?
DFS offers a variety of exclusive in-store services. Go to your favorite store page for more information.
9. How can I send a compliment to your staff?
We love to hear your feedback. Please send your compliments through our ""Contact Us"" page.
1. What are the opening hours for DFS stores?
You can find our store information by clicking on the ""Contact Us"" link located at the bottom left-hand corner of every page.
1. What is the change?
We will be introducing a brand-new Global Luxury Loyalty Program, DFS CIRCLE, to provide a more personalized membership experience. DFS CIRCLE allows you to earn more points and level up to the next tier faster. We are also introducing the DFS CIRCLE app, which is your guide to the world of luxury, where discoveries of exclusive member offers, privileges and inspiration await.
2. What happens to my current LOYAL T membership tier status and points?
Your LOYAL T membership tier status and points will be migrated to DFS CIRCLE seamlessly. With the new-and-improved program, your current membership tier name will be updated to the below:
LOYAL T > Sliver
Jade > Gold
Ruby > Platinum
Diamond > no change
Your tier status, membership cycle, membership expiry date, total points balance and points expiry date remain unchanged.
To access your new membership, please download our DFS CIRCLE app or visit our WeChat Mini Program to access your new membership.
3. Are there any impacts on points earning and redemption?
The earning ratio per tier has been enhanced. The number of points earned for every eligible purchase is based on the your membership tier listed below:
Diamond – 4 Points
Platinum – 3 Points
Gold – 2 Points
Silver – 2 Points (except for Hong Kong and Macau: 1 Point)
For points redemption, you can start redeeming a minimum of 2,000 points at participating DFS Group stores and brands by presenting your membership card. 2,000 points hold a redeemable local value as listed below to be applied on a transaction.
The local value redeemable with 2,000 DFS CIRCLE Points (min.)
USD / EUROS > 20
AUD / NZD / SGD > 40
HKD / MOP > 200
JPY > 2,000
Please download DFS CIRCLE app or log in via our WeChat Mini Program to access your new membership QR code to start earning and redeeming points.
4. Can I still use my current LOYAL T by DFS card to enjoy member benefits?
With the new program and updated tier names, we highly recommend you to download our DFS CIRCLE app or log in via our WeChat Mini Program to access your new membership QR code to enjoy your member benefits.
5. Where can I check my new DFS CIRCLE membership status?
You can either (1) visit our store concierge; (2) download our DFS CIRCLE app; (3) access to the new member portal on DFS.com website; (4) log in via our WeChat Mini Program, then follow the steps to complete account creation and access to your membership QR code.
6. When will the changes happen?
The change will take effect on April 24, 2023.
7. Will this change affect members worldwide or for specific regions only?
The program will be applicable to our members worldwide. The special benefits and privileges introduced may differ by market.
Member Online Portal / Account
8. Why am I not able to access my account online with the login information?
Since there will be a new member portal, the previous one has been suspended. Please download our DFS CIRCLE app or access to our new member portal and follow the steps to complete account creation, after which you are able to use your mobile number or email to sign in to your account. Please note that a mobile number and/or an email address can only be associated with one membership account for log in.
9. Why is there a need for a One-Time Password (OTP) when creating the online account?
We want to ensure your email or mobile number is up-to-date so you can stay connected with us. Also, the OTP helps to protect all members against online fraud. It is an easy and secure way of authentication to ensure the person making the profile update is the rightful owner of their DFS CIRCLE account. You can enter the verification code received via email or SMS to authenticate the online account creation.
When you input the mobile number, please ensure the country code is correctly selected - no landline is accepted to receive the OTP.
10. I have requested a verification code multiple times and still have not received one. My email address and mobile phone number are both correct - what should I do?
There may be a lag time in receiving verification code via SMS if there is a weak mobile connection. If an OTP was requested via email, please check your spam or junk folder. For additional assistance, please approach any of our staff or Client Services representatives in store. You may also email us at DFSCIRCLE@dfs.com
11.I am unable to receive the SMS One-Time-Passcode (OTP) as I am traveling with an overseas SIM card. What should I do?
In the case that you are traveling and encountering difficulty in receiving the verification code from your local SIM, please contact DFS Client Services Team in-store or the Live Chat on our DFS CIRCLE app/website/WeChat Mini Program. If you are a frequent traveler, we also highly recommend that you add your email address to your profile as an additional verification channel.
12. Why is my account suspended?
One of the reasons may be due to The Personal Information Protection Law (PIPL) which has come into effect in China on November 1, 2021, for Chinese citizens. Your consent is mandatory in order to stay connected with us. Unfortunately, we were not able to reach out to you at that time. Therefore, we need to suspend your account temporarily. Please do not hesitate to contact our staff in-store.
13. Why do I have to accept the Cross-border Data Transfer (CBDT) Consent if I am a Chinese customer in registration on the website?
1. What is DFS CIRCLE?
DFS CIRCLE is a loyalty program with an array of exclusive privileges, rewards and benefits available all across the world.
Our global program provides a world of earning and redemption opportunities with both DFS and our partners. Learn more
2. What privileges will I receive after joining DFS CIRCLE?
As a valued member, you can earn and redeem around the world with DFS and DFS partners. Fast track your way through our member tiers and earn up to 4% of all your eligible spending with us. A luxury concierge at your fingertips, our all-new DFS CIRCLE app is your guide to the world of luxury. Discover unique experiences, new products and exclusive offers – all personalized to your lifestyle, preferences and tastes.
Enter DFS CIRCLE today, and indulge in a world of rewards centered around you. Learn more
3. How do I become a member?
You can either sign up by (1) downloading our DFS CIRCLE app; (2) accessing our WeChat Mini Program ; (3) accessing DFS.com website ; (4) scanning the in-store QR code and following the steps to complete the enrollment. *Terms & Conditions apply.
4. What is "Qualifying Spend"? What are “Points” and how do I earn and redeem them?
Qualifying Spend is the amount spent by the member that qualifies them to upgrade to a certain tier. These can be converted into Tier Points, which are earned from purchases made at participating stores and are based on local currency spent converted using a pre-defined DFS local currency conversion rate for tier movement.
Local Currency > Qualifying Spend amount to earn 1 Tier Point
USD / EUROS > 1
AUD / NZD / SGD > 2
HKD / MOP > 10
JPY > 100
Once you have accumulated a minimum of 2,000 points, you may use these points towards a wide selection of products at participating DFS Group stores and brands by presenting your membership QR code. The local value redeemable with 2,000 DFS CIRCLE points (min.) is listed in the table below:
USD / EUROS > 20
AUD / NZD / SGD > 40
HKD / MOP > 200
JPY > 2,000
5. Where can I use my membership card?
You may use your membership card to earn points at select DFS Group stores. Do not forget to present your card each time you make a purchase at participating locations and brands. You can always access your membership QR code via DFS CIRCLE app, Wechat Mini Program or member portal at DFS.com website.
6. Where can I check my DFS CIRCLE membership status and information?
You can either (1) visit our store concierge; (2) download the DFS CIRCLE app; (3) access the new member portal on DFS.com website ; (4) visit WeChat Mini Program, then follow the steps to complete account creation. You can always login to check your membership account information.
7. How can I change my personal information?
Please approach any member of our staff or one of our Client Services representatives in-store. You may also access the DFS CIRCLE app; online member portal (both DFS.com website or WeChat Mini Program) or email us at DFSCIRCLE@dfs.com to update your personal information. To protect the personal data of all our members, we will ask you to present proof of identity.
8. Can my friends and family use my DFS CIRCLE membership card?
Membership, points and Qualifying Spend are non-transferrable.
9. Can I use a printed copy or take a photo of my membership card?
No, printed copies or photos of the DFS CIRCLE membership card are not accepted. The membership QR code is only accessible from your DFS CIRCLE app, WeChat Mini Program or online member portal at DFS.com. The code validity will be refreshed every 60 seconds.
10. What are the participating brands for DFS CIRCLE?
Click here to see the full list.
11. When was the Reasonable Use Guidelines first launched?
DFS has always operated with a Reasonable Use Guideline for its customers, and these guidelines are regularly updated depending on stock allocation and other factors. Recently we have started to enforce the Reasonable Use Guidelines more stringently due to mass buying of some product items, causing them to sell out more quickly than they can be replenished. The Reasonable Use Guidelines was last updated in early 2019.
12. How can I get more information about the Reasonable Use Guidelines?
You can approach one of our sales associates in the stores for more information.
13. What will happen if my purchases exceed the Reasonable Use Guidelines?
Your sales associate will tell you that you have exceeded the guidelines and you will not be able to purchase additional products.
1. Where can I purchase a DFS Gift Card?
DFS Gift Cards can be purchased at the Concierge and sales counters in selected DFS Stores. See the full list here.
2. What amounts are available to choose from?
You can purchase the card for any value over the minimum amount (see store for details). There is no maximum value a gift card can hold.
3. Where can I use DFS Gift Cards for making purchases?
The Gift Card is redeemable in full or as partial payment for goods sold in participating stores except for certain brands and brand boutiques.
4. Do I need to use the full amount of my DFS Gift Card in a single transaction?
No, you can use your DFS Gift Card multiple times until the amount is fully depleted.
5. Where can I check the balance and expiration date of the Card?
You can check the balance and expiration date of the Gift Card at any of the participating stores. See the full list here.
6. As a LOYAL T by DFS member, will I be able to earn Points and Status Dollars when I purchase a Gift Card?
No, LOYAL T members will not be able to earn Points and Status Dollars when purchasing DFS Gift Cards.
7. As a LOYAL T by DFS member, will I be able to earn Points and Status Dollars when I spend with a Gift Card?
Yes, LOYAL T members will be able to earn Points and Status Dollars when spending with Gift Cards for the value remaining in the Gift Card.
8. Can I use multiple DFS Gift Cards in a single transaction?
Yes, you can use multiple DFS Gift Cards in a single transaction. There is no limit on the number of DFS Gift Cards that can be used in a single transaction.
9. Can I add value to my DFS Gift Card?
No, once activated, adding value to the DFS Gift Card is not allowed.
10. How can I find answers to other questions?
Simply email LOYALT@dfs.com or click here to view our Terms & Conditions.
1. What products are available for online order?.
T Galleria by DFS, Hong Kong offers the finest selection of Fashion & Accessories, Beauty & Fragrances, Watches & Jewelry, and Food & Gifts from the world’s leading luxury brands for ordering online. To view a complete list of brands, please click on our ""Brands & Departments"" section, located at the top of the page.
2. When can I order online?
The order period is between 1 to 7 days prior to your arrival. Pre-order before 9AM and collect after 4:30PM on the same day.
3. Do I need to create a LOYAL T account to order online?
Travelers are welcome to order online as guests. You can also sign up to be a LOYAL T member during checkout and collect points on your purchase. Your LOYAL T card will be ready for you when you collect your order in-store, or delivered to you with your order.
4. How do I check or edit my order list?
To check your order list, you must register with DFS.com.
If you wish to remove items from your order after payment, simply let us know which items you want to remove upon collection at the Collection Counter at our T Galleria stores in Hong Kong. To add to your existing order, please create a new order with only the additional items. Both orders will be consolidated upon collection. Any addition to your order must be made between 1 to 7 days ahead of your arrival.
5. I would like to change my Collection Date; how do I do that?
The collection date can only be modified once after the order is made. Please contact us at 800 969 036 for more details.
6. What should I do if my arrival is advanced?
Your order will only be available for collection one (1) day prior to your initial Collection Date. If you wish to change the pickup date to earlier, you can contact us at 800 969 036. The earliest collection slot is on next day after orders have been placed at 4:30PM.
7. What should I do if I arrive later than expected?
Your order will be available for collection upon arrival up to three (3) days from your initial collection date before it is cancelled. If you wish to change the pickup date, you can contact us at 800 969 036.
8. What if I am traveling with a tour group and I am unsure of when I will arrive at the T Galleria in Hong Kong?
When you are creating your order, please indicate when your tour begins. Your order will be ready for anytime thereof and up to 3 days after your start date. You can also contact us at 800 969 036 in case there are any changes.
9. Do I have to pay when I order online?
Yes, all payment must be made online.
10. What should I do if I do not receive a confirmation email?
You will receive an order confirmation email on the same day that you complete your order. Be sure to check all mailboxes including junk mail. For any inquiries, please contact us at 800 969 036.
11. Who should I contact if my order is rejected?
Please contact us at 800 969 036.
12. What currency will I be charged in?
All products listed on our Hong Kong website are in HK$.
13. What payment methods are accepted online?
We accept card payment by Visa, Mastercard, and Alipay.
14. What happens if the price of the same product is lower at the T Galleria stores in Hong Kong compared to the online order price?
We guarantee that online ordered item will always be the lower of the two prices. We will refund and price match any items ordered online which have a higher price than those featured at T Galleria stores in Hong Kong.
15. What are the operating hours of the Collection Counter and where is it at the T Galleria stores in Hong Kong?
Opening hours and location of the Collection Counter depend on the T Galleria store itself. Pre-order before 9AM and collect after 4:30PM on the same day.
T Galleria, Tsim Sha Tsui East: Collection Counter is located on the Ground Floor, China Link Concierge. Please see business hours here.
T Galleria Beauty, Causeway Bay: Collection Counter is located on the G Floor. Please see business hours here .
T Galleria, Canton Road: Collection Counter is located on the UG Floor next to Concierge Counter. Please see business hours here.
16. Can I pick up orders from all categories at any T Galleria store in Hong Kong? Are there any restrictions?
Yes, orders from all categories can be picked up from all three T Galleria stores in Hong Kong.
However, T Galleria Beauty by DFS, Causeway Bay does not provide any watch services. If you wish to pick up your watches at the Causeway Bay store, we would recommend the nearest watch boutique at your convenience, should you require any watch services.
17. What identification do I have to present when I am collecting the ordered items at the collection counter?
Please present a personal identification document that aligns with the same personal details in the order and your Order Confirmation number.
18. What happens if I forget to pick-up my order?
Your order will be kept for 3 days. You can change the collection date online or by contacting us at 800 969 036.
19. How do I cancel my order?
You can cancel your order by contacting us at 800 969 036, we will refund full amount to your bank account upon your cancellation.
20. Can I ask someone else to collect the order for me?
Yes, you can ask someone to collect your order for you if you aren't able to collect yourself. Please contact our customer service at 800 969 036 and let us know the first name, last name and contact information of the person collecting the order.
You need to let us know in advance if your order will be collected by a 3rd party.
1. What products are available for online preorder?
Our T Fondaco dei Tedeschi by DFS store offers the finest selection of Fashion & Accessories, Beauty & Fragrances, Watches & Jewelry, Wines & Spirits and Food & Gifts from the world’s leading luxury brands for preordering online. To view a complete list of brands, please click on our ""Brands & Departments"" tab, located at the top of the page.
2. When can I preorder online?
The reservation period is between 1-30 days prior to your arrival.
3. Do I need to create an account to preorder online?
Travelers are welcome to preorder online as guests. However to access DFS.com's special online features, such as creating your own personal Wish List or viewing our DFS newsletter, you will need to create an account. Registering is easy and can be done in three simple steps. Don't miss out on hearing about all your favorite brands and products at DFS. Click here to sign up.
4. How do I check or edit my preordered items?
You must register with DFS.cm to check or edit your preordered items. To remove items from your order, simply let us know which items you want to remove upon collection at the Collection Counter at our T Fondaco dei Tedeschi by DFS store. To add to your existing order, please create a new order with only the additional items. Both orders will be consolidated upon collection. Any changes to your order must be made between 3-30 days ahead of your arrival.
5. I would like to change my Collection Date, how do I do that?
Collection Date can only be modified once (1) after the order is made. Please contact us for more details: +39 041 3142 000
6. What should I do if my arrival is delayed?
Your order will be available for Collection upon arrival up to three (3) days from your initial Collection date before it is cancelled. If you wish to change the pickup date, you can contact us at +39 041 3142 000 or update the order online within the My Account section.
7. What if I am traveling with a tour group and I am unsure of when I will arrive at the T Fondaco dei Tedeschi by DFS store?
When you are creating your order, please indicate when your tour begins. Your order will be ready for anytime thereof and up to 3 days after your start date. You can also contact us at +39 041 3142 000 in case there is any delay.
8. Do I have to pay when I preorder online?
Online preorder is a complimentary service and payment is only required upon collection.
9. What should I do if I do not receive a confirmation email?
You will receive your confirmation email on the same day that you complete your order. Be sure to check all mailboxes including junk mail. For any inquiries, please contact us at: +39 041 3142 000.
10. Who should I contact if my order is rejected?
Please contact us at: +39 041 3142 000
11. What currency will I be charged in?
All products listed on our Venice website are in Euros.
12. What payment methods are accepted at the T Fondaco dei Tedeschi by DFS store?
We accept card payment by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and China Union Pay. In addition we accept Euros and select foreign currencies.
13. What happens if the price of the same product is lower at the T Fondaco dei Tedeschi by DFS store compared to the online reservation price?
We guarantee that the charge upon Collection on the Reserved item will always be the lower of the two prices.
14. What are the operating hours of the Collection Counter and where is it at the T Fondaco dei Tedeschi by DFS store?
The Collection Counter is located on the 2nd floor. Please see business hours here.
15. What identification do I have to present when I am collecting the ordered items at the collection counter?
Please have on hand a personal identification document, with the same personal details as in the order, and your Order Confirmation number.
16. What happens if I forget to pick-up my order?
Your order will be kept for you for 3 days. You can change the Collection date online or by contacting us at: +39 041 3142 000
17. How do I cancel my order?
You can cancel your Reservation by logging back into your account to modify your existing orders. If you ordered as a Guest, please contact us at: +39 041 3142 000
18. Is there a minimum spending amount needed for detax?
The minimum spending amount to be eligible for detax is EU$155.
19. Do you need any additional information in store for processing my detax?
If you have already completed the Detax Pre-registration at the checkout of your Reservation, we will not require any additional information. For additional shopping upon arriving at our store, we will print out a detax form and consolidate your entire purchase upon paying.
20. How does tax refund work?
If you reside outside the European Union and spend a minimum of 155€ at T Fondaco dei Tedeschi by DFS, you are entitled to a VAT refund of 12%. If you qualify for a tax refund, please present your passport when paying for your goods (inclusive of tax). Your detax slip will be issued immediately. If payment has been settled by credit card, you can benefit from fast refund service for detax within two working days. There are many other refund options available, see ‘other refund options and locations’. Upon exiting the EU, please ensure you have your detax slip Customs approved.
21. What do I do once I'm in store?
We offer our customers seamless detax at the till. Once you're ready to pay, simply make your way to a till in-store. Please provide your original passport for scanning. Our tills automatically detect if you are eligible for a refund. Your tax refund slip is automatically filled in with your details and printed. Need more help? Visit our customer service area and tax refund help desk on the mezzanine floor and we’d be happy to help.
22. Do you have a self-service kiosk?
Yes, self-service kiosks are available in the customer service area on the mezzanine floor to allow shoppers to generate their own detax slips from store issued receipts. Simply scan your store receipts and passport and key in the data requested by the kiosk. The kiosk will print your detax slip, ready to be validated by customs ."
If your flight is delayed or cancelled due to adverse weather, your purchased product(s) will be held at the original airline's "DFS product pick-up counter", and registered at the time of purchase. The product will be held 7 days from the date that the receipt is issued.
Customers will need to collect the products in-person, so please arrive with plenty of time to spare.
(Example) If your original registered flight is JAL, but was altered to ANA, you will need to pick up your products at the original airline counter, JAL.
In addition, although the product will be delivered according to the flight declared by the customer, there may be cases where the product cannot be delivered on time, such as due to transport disruptions during adverse weather.
■ Please inform DFS if any of the following applies to your flight change:
1. If you change to a flight to an earlier date or time than the original, registered flight
2. If you change from a domestic flight to an international flight, or vice versa
3. If you change your flight time to one that's 12:30PM and earlier
In the cases of (1) and (2) only, please call the toll-free number at least 2 hours and 30 minutes prior to the departure time.
In the case of (3), as our store/customer service is only available from 10AM, please contact us the day before, prior to our store closing time.
DFS Customer Service
Business hours 10AM - 8PM (may vary depending on the season)
■When the weather is bad, the telephone line will become very busy. We ask for your patience and understanding as we process your inquiry.