Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS DUTY FREE?
1. What does it mean to shop “duty free”?
Shopping duty free allows international travelers to conveniently purchase goods in a foreign country for personal use without having to pay some or all local duties and taxes in that country.
Purchases may still be subject to duties and taxes at your final destination if they exceed your duty free allowance.
2. What documents will I need to show to shop duty free at the airport?
Everyone is welcome to shop at DFS and T Galleria. However, only international travelers with outbound plane tickets can purchase items at duty free prices.*
Simply present your passport and valid travel documents to our staff at the Information Desk before shopping to receive your duty free shopping card.
*Japanese domestic travelers can also shop at T Galleria by DFS,Okinawa. Please inform us of your flight or ship details and departure date to receive your shopping card.
3. Can I purchase duty-free items before boarding my plane?
Yes. We even have an in-store tablet app, "DFS I Gate," at certain airports where you can select products to have delivered to your gate for ease and convenience of duty-free shopping.
4. What duty free products are available for purchase downtown?
DFS and T Galleria by DFS stores offer the finest selection of Fashion & Accessories, Beauty & Fragrances, Watches & Jewelry, Wines & Spirits, Food & Gifts, Tobacco, Health & Wellness from the world’s leading luxury brands. To view a complete list of brands, please click on our "Brands & Departments" tab, located at the top of the page. You can also view our full store directory by clicking on "Stores."
5. How many duty free products can I purchase?
How much you can purchase depends on your next destination. Purchases that exceed your duty free allowance will be subject to duties and taxes upon arrival. Please click here for a list of DFS destinations and their duty free allowances or speak with a member of our staff for the most up-to-date information.
6. Will I be able to transfer with all my duty free purchases?
Travelers with at least one transit stop between their departure airport and their final destination are advised to make duty free purchases at their last transit port.
Transiting passengers are usually required to disembark with all their carry-on and personal items before being re-screened at a transit screening point and allowed to re-board their aircraft and continue their journey. To ease this process, only carry Liquids, Aerosols and Gels (LAGs) in containers of 100 milliliters or less, packed in an approved Security Tamper-Evident Bag (STEB) along with proofs of purchase. Each traveler is limited to one bag and the maximum capacity of the bag cannot exceed 1 liter. Please speak with a member of our staff for the most up-to-date information
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR DFS.COM
FUNCTIONS & FEATURES
1. Can I buy from this website?
You can pre-order products on the Hong Kong and Venice websites and collect your order from respective stores.
2. What can I find on DFS.com?
DFS offers luxury products in the Fashion & Accessories, Beauty & Fragrances, Watches & Jewelry, Wines & Spirits, and Food & Gifts categories. To view a complete list of brands, please click on our "Featured Brands" tab, located at the top of the page. You can also view our full store directory by clicking on "Our Stores".
3. What brands does DFS carry?
To view a complete list of brands, please click on our "Brands & Departments" tab, located at the top of the page. You can also view our full store directory by clicking on "Stores".
4. How can I check the store availability of an item I am interested in?
Products featured on our site are available at the store location selected, but stock status of products may fluctuate. If you would like to inquire about additional product availability (e.g. a product not found on our website), please view our "Contact Us" page and send us product information for the item you are interested in as well as the DFS store location you would like to visit. Our Customer Care Team will follow up on your request in a timely manner.
5. Can I collect a product from one of your stores?
You can pre-order products on the Hong Kong and Venice websites and collect your order from respective stores.
6. Does DFS have seasonal sales?
Yes, we run seasonal sale events. Be sure to follow us on our social media and sign up for the DFS newsletter to receive the latest news on DFS sales and promotions.
7. What does "Travel Retail Exclusive" mean?
We secure a large number of products that are exclusive to DFS or to select travel retailers only. For example, a product might be exclusive to DFS for a select period of time (which will be detailed), or might not be available for purchase anywhere else.
1. How can I contact the DFS Customer Care Team?
Our Customer Care Team is available during normal store operating hours. You can find our customer service information by clicking on the "Contact Us" link located at the bottom left-hand corner of every page.
1. How do I login or sign out of my DFS.com account?
If you wish to log in to your account, please select the "Sign In" option at the top of the homepage and enter your username and password when prompted. To sign out of your account, please select the "Sign Out" option at the top of the homepage.
1. How can I register with DFS.com?
Simply click on the Register link located at the top right-hand corner of every page to create a DFS.com account.
1. How can I change my personal details?
Simply log in to your DFS.com account and select "My Profile" to edit your personal details.
2. Are my personal details secure?
1. What do I do if I’ve forgotten my password?
To reset your password, please follow the "Forgotten Password" instructions on the sign-in page. Please note, for security reasons, we are unable to send you your old password via email.
1. How do I search for a brand?
You can search which brands are available in our stores by using our "Featured Brands" page accessible through the "Brands & Departments" tab.
1. How do I subscribe to DFS newsletters?
Please add your email address to the newsletter sign-up form located at the bottom of this page. This will lead you to a registration page where you can choose your preferences.
2. Can you take me off your mailing list?
If you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list, please log in to your DFS.com account, select "Communication Preferences" within account details and remove the selection of "Latest updates on special offers, events, products and services." You can also use the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of every newsletter from DFS.
STORE INFORMATION FOR DFS AIRPORT & T GALLERIA
1. How can I contact the store?
You can find our store information by clicking on the "Contact Us" link located at the bottom left-hand corner of each page.
2. Where can I find DFS Stores?
Please visit our "Stores" section.
3. What payment methods does DFS accept?
We accept the following forms of payment: cash, credit cards, Alipay, WeChat pay, gift certificates, foreign currencies, promotional gift certificates and LOYAL T by DFS gift certificates.
The following stores currently accept Alipay:
• T Galleria: Hawaii, Hong Kong, Macau & Singapore
• T Galleria Beauty: Hong Kong & Macau
• DFS: Hawaii (Honolulu), Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco & Singapore
The following stores currently accept WeChat:
• T Galleria: Hawaii & Hong Kong
• T Galleria Beauty: Hong Kong
• DFS: Hawaii (Honolulu), Los Angeles, New York & San Francisco
4. Do you provide a shuttle bus or taxi fare reimbursement program?
For select DFS locations, this service is provided.
5. What documents do I need to shop at DFS downtown stores?
You don't need any travel documents to shop at our non-airport stores.
6. What documents do I need to shop at DFS Airport stores?
To shop at DFS, you must have your flight itinerary with you, including your date of travel, airline and airport arrival information.
7. Does DFS offer a personal shopping service?
Yes, we offer Personal Shopping Services to all LOYAL T by DFS members, including priority assistance for LOYAL T by DFS Prestige Diamond and Prestige Ruby members, at downtown T Galleria stores. DFS does not have Personal Shopping Services at our airport stores. Learn more.
8. What exclusive in-store services does DFS offer?
DFS offers a variety of exclusive in-store services. Go to your favorite store page for more information.
9. How can I send a compliment to your staff?
We love to hear your feedback. Please send your compliments through our "Contact Us" page.
RETURN & EXCHANGE POLICY
1. What is DFS's store exchange/return policy?
DFS offers a 100% quality guarantee on all merchandise we sell. We will exchange or return any merchandise with its original receipt. Please contact DFS customer service center.
2. Can I return items I purchased on sale?
Yes, it's possible. Please contact DFS customer service center.
3. How do I return or exchange a gift?
Please contact DFS customer service center for return or exchange related issues.
4. What is the DFS After Sales Center?
After Sales Centers have been conveniently set up in key locations to ensure that no matter what your travel agenda is, there will be a location nearby to answer all of your customer care questions post purchase. Please see the list below to find a location near you.
DFS China domestic after sales service
Toll free number: 400 810 6939
Room 809, Beijing, China Central Place 2, 79 Jianguo Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China (Zip 100025)
Room 548, East Office Tower, Shanghai Center, 1376 Nanjing Road West, Shanghai, China (Zip 200040)
Shin Ohsaki Kangyo Bldg 6 th Fliir 1-6-4 Ohsaki Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo Japan.
DFS After Sales Service Japan
Toll free: 0120-194-407*
Monday to Friday 9:00AM to 5:00PM only. Except Public Holidays.
T Galleriaby DFS, Okinawa
4-1, Omoromachi, Naha City, Okinawa
Toll free: 0120-782-460*
Monday to Saturday: 9:00AM - 5:00PM only. Except Public Holidays.
*The toll free number is available within Japan only
**Opening hours may vary according to seasons and stores.
Suite 1402, Namgang Tower, 15, Mugyo-Ro, Jung-Gu,
Seoul, Korea 100-170
LOYAL T: MEMBERSHIP PROGRAM
1. What is the LOYAL T by DFS program?
The LOYAL T by DFS program is an exclusive multi-tiered loyalty program that offers special access, benefits and privileges to its members. The program connects members within the different levels to a range of increasing benefits, including access to products, select services and bespoke experiences that are reserved for the highest tier. Learn more
2. What privileges will I receive after joining the LOYAL T by DFS program?
You will be able to enjoy exclusive member benefits and experiences, the latest DFS news, promotions and product launches. The higher your tier, the more benefits and exclusive rewards you will enjoy. Please click here to learn more about the LOYAL T by DFS program. Learn more
3. How do I become a member?
Simply register at select DFS Group stores upon any purchase. *Terms & Conditions apply. Click here for details
4. What are “Points” and how do I earn and redeem them? What are “Status Dollars” and how do I earn them?
Points refer to DFS currency which can be earned and redeemed for rewards. The higher the tier, the more points you will earn for the same amount spent.
Status Dollars are an indicator of your spending and membership tier.
As a member, you will be able to earn Points and Status Dollars upon every purchase at select DFS Group stores and brands. Simply present your LOYAL T by DFS membership card. Please click here to learn more about earning Points and Status Dollars.
Once you have accumulated a minimum of 1,000 Points, you may redeem them towards a wide selection of products or gift certificates at participating DFS Group stores and brands by presenting your membership card. 1,000 Points hold a redeemable value of US$10 for use.
5. Where can my membership card be used?
You may use your membership card to earn Points and Status Dollars at select DFS Group stores. Do not forget to present your card each time you make a purchase at participating locations and brands. Learn more
6. How do I replace a lost card?
If you lose your LOYAL T by DFS card, please email LOYALT@dfs.com or approach one of our sales associates or Client Services representatives in store. To protect the personal data of all our members, we will ask you to present proof of identity.
7. How can I change my personal information?
Please approach any member of our staff or one of our Client Services representatives in store. You may also email us at LOYALT@dfs.com to update your personal information. To protect the personal data of all our members, we will ask you to present proof of identity.
8. How can I find answers to other questions?
Simply email LOYALT@dfs.com or click here.
9. Which brands are participating in the LOYAL T Program?
Click here to see the full list.
LOYAL T: MOBILE CARD
1. How can I download a mobile LOYAL T Card?
To download a mobile LOYAL T Card, members need to activate their online account on DFS.com first. Members will then receive an email with instructions on how to download their mobile LOYAL T Card.
2. How can I re-download another mobile LOYAL T Card?
If members lose their current mobile LOYAL T Card, they can go to the following link to re-download their LOYAL T Card: http://loyaltcard.dfs.com/en/recover_pass.html
Members can enter their registered email address to receive an email with a link to download the mobile LOYAL T Card again. Each member can only download the mobile LOYAL T Card twice, on two different devices.
3. What are the benefits of downloading the mobile LOYAL T Card?
You can present your mobile LOYAL T Card at our stores participating in the LOYAL T program to earn and redeem points when you make a purchase.
4. When and how I can use it?
Simply present the mobile LOYAL T Card to the store Sales Associates upon making a purchase.
5. Do I need to prove my identity to earn or redeem points?
Yes, you need to verify your identity to redeem points. You need to present a form of identification that matches the name registered on your LOYAL T card.
6. Where can I check the balance and expiration date of my LOYAL T Card?
You can check your points balance, membership tier and the expiry date of your LOYAL T Card by logging into your online account at DFS.com.
7. Can I see whether my mobile LOYAL T Card has been upgraded?
Your membership will be upgraded to the next tier based on your accumulated eligible spending. Once your membership has been upgraded, your mobile LOYAL T Card will be updated the next day.
8. Where can I use my mobile LOYAL T Card?
You may use your mobile LOYAL T card in participating DFS stores worldwide. Please click here to view the latest list of participating stores.
9. Do I need a mobile application to use my mobile LOYAL T Card?
iPhone user can save their mobile LOYAL T card to their Apple Wallet.
Android users can save their mobile LOYAL T Card to their Android Pay.
10. Can I use a printed copy or take a photo of my mobile LOYAL T Card?
Printed copies or photos of the LOYAL T Card are not accepted. The mobile LOYAL T Card is only accessible from your smart phone.
11. If I only want the mobile LOYAL T Card, can I stop push notifications?
Absolutely. To turn off push notifications, flip to the back of your card and un-toggle 'Automatic Update.'
Please note that if you turn off automatic updates, you may miss out on other offers and updates that DFS will be sending you.
12. What if I don’t have an iPhone or Android phone, can I still enjoy the mobile LOYAL T Card?
You can only enjoy the mobile LOYAL T Card on a smartphone device.
13. Where I can direct my mobile LOYAL T Card related questions?
Please send your questions to LOYALT@DFS.com and indicate 'mobile LOYAL T Card' in the email subject line.
14. If my membership is upgraded, renewed or downgraded, do I need to download the mobile LOYAL T Card again?
Your mobile LOYAL T Card will be automatically updated the next day and you do not need to re-download the mobile LOYAL T card.
15. Can I share my mobile LOYAL T Card with my friends?
Membership is non-transferrable. Your LOYAL T Card and any points earned are not transferable by you to anyone. Points can be redeemed only by the member presenting the card in person.
16. What is the difference between the mobile LOYAL T Card and the physical card I have now?
Once you have installed a mobile LOYAL T Card, DFS will be able to send you personalized promotional messages to your mobile device, with the convenience of members leaving their physical card behind.
17. Why should I download the mobile LOYAL T Card?
With the mobile LOYAL T Card, you can earn and redeem LOYAL T points on your next visit to DFS, even if you've left your card at home! The mobile LOYAL T Card will also allow DFS to send you personalized promotional messages right to your mobile device, so you'll never miss out on any exclusive LOYAL T offers.
18. After I download the mobile LOYAL T Card, can I go back to using the physical Card?
Of course, you can still use your physical LOYAL T Card after downloading a mobile LOYAL T Card. If you've left your card at home, the mobile LOYAL T Card is a convenient alternative to access your LOYAL T rewards and exclusive offers.
1. Where can I purchase a DFS Gift Card?
DFS Gift Cards can be purchased at the Concierge and sales counters in selected DFS Stores. See the full list here.
2. What amounts are available to choose from?
You can purchase the card for any value over the minimum amount (see store for details). There is no maximum value a gift card can hold.
3. Where can I use DFS Gift Cards for making purchases?
The Gift Card is redeemable in full or as partial payment for goods sold in participating stores except for certain brands and brand boutiques.
4. Do I need to use the full amount of my DFS Gift Card in a single transaction?
No, you can use your DFS Gift Card multiple times until the amount is fully depleted.
5. Where can I check the balance and expiration date of the Card?
You can check the balance and expiration date of the Gift Card at any of the participating stores. See the full list here.
6. As a LOYAL T by DFS member, will I be able to earn Points and Status Dollars when I purchase a Gift Card?
Yes, LOYAL T members will be able to earn Points and Status Dollars when purchasing DFS Gift Cards.
7. As a LOYAL T by DFS member, will I be able to earn Points and Status Dollars when I spend with a Gift Card?
No, LOYAL T members will not be able to earn Points and Status Dollars when spending with Gift Cards for the value remaining in the Gift Card.
8. Can I use multiple DFS Gift Cards in a single transaction?
Yes, you can use multiple DFS Gift Cards in a single transaction. There is no limit on the number of DFS Gift Cards that can be used in a single transaction.
9. Can I add value to my DFS Gift Card?
No, once activated, adding value to the DFS Gift Card is not allowed.
10. How can I find answers to other questions?
ONLINE PRE-ORDER (VENICE ONLY)
1. What products are available for online preorder?
Our ‘T Fondaco dei Tedeschi by DFS store’ offers the finest selection of Fashion & Accessories, Beauty & Fragrances, Watches & Jewelry, Wines & Spirits, and Food & Gifts from the world’s leading luxury brands for preordering online. To view a complete list of brands, please click on our "Brands & Departments" tab, located at the top of the page.
2. When can I preorder online?
The reservation period is between 1-30 days prior to your arrival.
3. Do I need to create an account to preorder online?
Travelers are welcome to preorder online as guests. However to access DFS.com's special online features, such as creating your own personal Wish List or viewing our DFS newsletter, you will need to create an account. Registering is easy and can be done in three simple steps. Don't miss out on hearing about all your favorite brands and products at DFS. Click here to sign up.
4. How do I check or edit my preordered items?
You must register with DFS.cm to check or edit your preordered items. To remove items from your order, simply let us know which items you want to remove upon collection at the Collection Counter at our ‘T Fondaco dei Tedeschi by DFS’ store. To add to your existing order, please create a new order with only the additional items. Both orders will be consolidated upon collection. Any changes to your order must be made between 3-30 days ahead of your arrival.
5. I would like to change my Collection Date, how do I do that?
Collection Date can only be modified ONCE (1) after the order is made. Please contact us for more details: +39 041 3142 000
6. What should I do if my arrival is delayed?
Your order will be available for Collection upon arrival up to THREE (3) days from your initial Collection date before it is cancelled. If you wish to change the pickup date, you can contact us at +39 041 3142 000 or update the order online within the My Account section.
7. What if I am traveling with a tour group and I am unsure of when I will arrive at the ‘Fondaco dei Tedeschi T-Galleria by DFS’ store?
When you are creating your order, please indicate when your tour begins. Your order will be ready for anytime thereof and up to 3 days after your start date. You can also contact us at +39 041 3142 000 in case there is any delay.
8. Do I have to pay when I preorder online?
Online preorder is a complimentary service and payment is only required upon collection.
9. What should I do if I do not receive a confirmation email?
You will receive your confirmation email on the same day that you complete your order. Be sure to check all mailboxes including junk mail. For any inquiries, please contact us at: +39 041 3142 000.
10. Who should I contact if my order is rejected?
Please contact us at: +39 041 3142 000
11. What currency will I be charged in?
All products listed on our Venice website are in Euros.
12. What payment methods are accepted at the ‘Fondaco dei Tedeschi T-Galleria by DFS’ store?
We accept card payment by Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and China Union Pay. In addition we accept Euros and select foreign currencies.
13. What happens if the price of the same product is lower at the ‘Fondaco dei Tedeschi T-Galleria by DFS’ store compared to the online reservation price?
We guarantee that the charge upon Collection on the Reserved item will always be the lower of the two prices.
14. What are the operating hours of the Collection Counter and where is it at the ‘Fondaco dei Tedeschi T-Galleria by DFS’ store?
The Collection Counter is located on the 2nd floor. We are opened 11am-10pm every day.
15. What identification do I have to present when I am collecting the ordered items at the collection counter?
Please have on hand a piece of personal identification, with the same personal details as in the order, and your Order Confirmation number.
16. What happens if I forget to pick-up my order?
Your order will be kept for you for 3 days. You can change the Collection date online or by contacting us at: +39 041 3142 000
17. How do I cancel my order?
You can cancel your Reservation by logging back into your account to modify your existing orders. If you ordered as a Guest, please contact us at: +39 041 3142 000
18. Is there a minimum spending amount needed for detax?
The minimum spending amount to be eligible for detax is EU$155.
19. Do you need any additional information in store for processing my detax?
If you have already completed the Detax Pre-registration at the checkout of your Reservation, we will not require any additional information. For additional shopping upon arriving at our store, we will print out a detax form and consolidate your entire purchases upon paying.
20. How does tax refund work?
If you reside outside the European Union and spend a minimum of 155€ at T Fondaco dei Tedeschi, you are entitled to a VAT refund of 12%. If you qualify for a tax refund, please present your passport when paying for your goods (inclusive of tax). Your detax slip will be issued immediately. If payment has been settled by credit card, you can benefit from fast refund service for detax within two working days. There are many other refund options available, see ‘other refund options and locations’. Upon exiting the EU please ensure you have your detax slip Customs approved.
21. What do I do once I'm in store?
We offer our customers seamless detax at the till. Once you're ready to pay, simply make your way to a till in-store. Please provide the original of your passport. Our tills automatically detect if you are eligible for a refund. Your tax refund slip is automatically filled in with your details and printed. Need more help? Visit our customer service area and tax refund help desk on the mezzanine floor and we’d be happy to help.
22. Do you have a self-service kiosk?
Yes, self-service kiosks are available in the customer service area on the mezzanine floor to allow shoppers to generate their own detax slips from store issued receipts. Simply scan your store receipts and passport and key in the data requested by the kiosk. The kiosk will print your detax slip, ready to be validated by customs .
OKINAWA: TYPHOON & EXTREME WEATHER CONDITIONS
Where do I pick up my duty free purchases if my flight is canceled due to a typhoon?
If your flight is canceled due to a typhoon, you can still pick up your duty free purchases at your assigned DFS pick-up counter at Naha Airport before boarding your new flight.
There is no need to contact us regarding flight changes unless one of the following conditions apply. Please contact our Customer Service Center at least two hours prior to your new departure time:
● LCC passengers (Peach / Vanilla Air)
● If your new flight will be departing from a different terminal. For example, from the Domestic Terminal (ANA, JAL) to the International Terminal or the LCC Terminal (Peach, Vanilla Air) or vice versa.
● If your new departure time is earlier than your original departure time.
Customer Service Center
Fri & Sat: 9:00-22:00
Store opening hours may vary by season and location.