AUGUST 6, 2018 - DFS Group, the world’s leading luxury travel retailer, will celebrate the opening of its newly renovated T Galleria by DFS, Auckland with an event next month showcasing local fashion talent in conjunction with one of the most exciting events on every stylish customer’s calendar - New Zealand Fashion Week.
Featuring more than 200 of the world’s most desirable brands across four levels, T Galleria by DFS, Auckland is a one-stop duty-free retail paradise within an iconic heritage building in the heart of Auckland. It offers world-renowned international luxury brands alongside an expertly curated selection of local products, across DFS’ five pillars of luxury: Fashion and Accessories, Beauty and Fragrances, Watches and Jewelry, Wines and Spirits and Food and Gifts. More than 30 brands are available exclusively at T Galleria by DFS, Auckland.
To celebrate the reopening of the store, DFS is proudly partnering with New Zealand Fashion Week to hold a not-to-be-missed event within T Galleria by DFS, Auckland on August 31. Customers will have the opportunity to discover curated fashion pieces by nine New Zealand based fashion designers, showcasing ready-to-wear collections that are fashion-forward, beautiful and intelligent.
- Benjamin Alexander * brings a touch of glamour with his sequin crusted suits and intricate beaded evening dresses.
- Harman Grubiša * avoid trends and produces everything ethically in New Zealand. Best friends Jessica Grubiša and Madeline Harman create art pieces that will enjoy long lifespans in women’s wardrobes.
- Turet Knuefermann effortlessly matches exuberance with tradition to empower women and celebrate their feminine beauty.
- Maaike * collections are the perfect mix of flowing silks as well as cotton knits with a more bold and graphic edge that cater for every age group.
- Salasai * is renowned for its bold prints, soft tailoring and languid aesthetic. Dark and unassuming, each season is crafted to be innovative yet timeless.
- Stolen Girlfriends Club entertain and empower a youthful rebellious spirit and a healthy sense of humor. Founded in 2005 by three friends, Dan Gosling, Marc Moore and Luke Harwood, the garments are laced with confidence and courage, with an underlying feeling of rock’n’roll swagger.
- Wynn Hamlyn combines classical tailoring with an expressive technical approach led by genuine youthful joy in materiality.
- Zambesi epitomizes individual spirit, redefining conversation with an ironic practicality and items are proudly made in New Zealand.
- Kathryn Wilson is New Zealand’s most successful footwear designer, celebrated for her innovative design and exceptionally high-quality styles.
* Designers not part of New Zealand Fashion Week 2018
T Galleria by DFS, Auckland will also collaborate with local graffiti artist Otis Frizzell on T Galleria by DFS, Auckland’s Heritage Walkway to highlight the store’s historical staircase, creating a unique and fun pop-art takeover to bring a whole new visual experience to customers.
“We are incredibly excited to showcase New Zealand’s finest fashion design talent at T Galleria by DFS, Auckland.” said Robert Calzadilla, DFS Group Region President Asia South. “Fashion is an integral part of our product assortment, and we welcome locals and travelers alike to experience an evening of glamour and excitement inside our newly renovated store.”
Doors to T Galleria by DFS, Auckland are now open, and the store will officially celebrate its opening on August 31.