SEPTEMBER 4, 2018 - DFS Group, the world’s leading luxury travel retailer, has officially opened its newly renovated T Galleria by DFS, Auckland in the heart of Auckland’s Central Business District. A grand opening celebration was attended by more than 500 customers and guests including New Zealand Fashion Week attendees and representatives from the world of luxury retail.
Coinciding with New Zealand Fashion Week, the grand opening included an exciting instore fashion show with a curated presentation by nine New Zealand based fashion designers, displaying their fashion-forward ready-to-wear collections.
- Benjamin Alexander brings a touch of glamour with his sequin crusted suits and intricate beaded evening dresses.
- Harman Grubisa avoid trends and produces everything ethically in New Zealand. Best friends Jessica Grubisa and Madeline Harman create art pieces that will enjoy long lifespans in women’s wardrobes.
- Turet Knuefermann effortlessly matches exuberance with tradition to empower women and celebrate their feminine beauty.
- Maaike collections are the perfect mix of flowing silks as well as cotton knits with a more bold and graphic edge that cater for every age group.
- Salasai is renowned for its bold prints, soft tailoring and languid aesthetic. Dark and unassuming, each season is crafted to be innovative yet timeless.
- Stolen Girlfriends Club entertain and empower a youthful rebellious spirit and a healthy sense of humor. Founded in 2005 by three friends, Dan Gosling, Marc Moore and Luke Harwood, the garments are laced with confidence and courage, with an underlying feeling of rock’n’roll swagger.
- Wynn Hamlyn combines classical tailoring with an expressive technical approach led by genuine youthful joy in materiality.
- Zambesi epitomizes individual spirit, redefining conversation with an ironic practicality and items are proudly made in New Zealand.
- Kathryn Wilson is New Zealand’s most successful footwear designer, celebrated for her innovative design and exceptionally high-quality styles.
The event also included a spectacular art installation by local graffiti artist Otis Frizzell on the store’s eye-catching historical staircase, a whisky and cocktail tasting and a live performance from a popular DJ.
“Our newly renovated T Galleria by DFS, Auckland is truly exceptional, and the opening event was a great opportunity to celebrate the store as well as the amazing design talent in New Zealand,” said Robert Calzadilla, DFS Group Region President Asia South. “We love to find new ways to surprise and delight our traveling customers, and with four levels of amazing products at T Galleria by DFS, Auckland, there is something for everyone to discover.”
Featuring more than 200 of the world’s most desirable brands, the store is a one-stop retail paradise housed within an iconic heritage building. Products include selections from the very best international brands as well as the finest New Zealand-made products, spanning DFS’ five pillars of luxury: Fashion and Accessories, Beauty and Fragrances, Watches and Jewelry, Wines and Spirits and Food and Gifts, with 33 brands available exclusively at T Galleria by DFS, Auckland.
Doors to T Galleria by DFS, Auckland are now open.